The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Yooo. Saving for a Supra!

Jord

Yo!

I've been lurking for a while and looking at Supras I'd love to own for about a year; now I'm finally in a position to start saving for a Supra! :cool:

I'll probably be around asking annoying newbie questions from time to time and I'll definately be joining the club and coming to meets when I get my first Supra.

I'm almost 22 and still undecided about what to start with and whether I'll get cleaned out on insurance with the higher end Supras though, little help?

Looking forward to becoming a member!

Cheers.

Jord.

Welcome :)

I've just turned 22 and I'm hopefully buying myself a UK Spec Twin Turbo Supra in the next week or so.

Admiral are only quoting me £1200 on a UK car but about £3500 on an import so depending on how much money you have you could look at getting a UK car.

Hope to see you at some meets in the future :thumbs:

Hi and welcome :) The search button and thread stickied threads are your friend, take time to browse the forums and dont forget the buyers guide ;)

Cheers. Yup I'm finding the guides and FAQ section extremely useful and a great read :)

I've just turned 22 and I'm hopefully buying myself a UK Spec Twin Turbo Supra in the next week or so.

Admiral are only quoting me £1200 on a UK car but about £3500 on an import so depending on how much money you have you could look at getting a UK car.

Cheers mate!

A UK TT would be ideal to avoid the huge (and frankly insane) import insurance but it doesn't seem easy to find the perfect UK Manual TT :). I'm with Admiral right now and after doing some test quotes i found that I got quoted about the same as you for a UK car, pretty much what I expected.

In the same boat myself!

Welcome!

Thanks for the welcome!

WTF?:blink: I paid less than that when I was 19, I was on my own insurance and before anyone says anything, it WAS down as a mkiv.

WTF?:blink: I paid less than that when I was 19, I was on my own insurance and before anyone says anything, it WAS down as a mkiv.

No way. Are you about 40 now? :p

How old are you, out of interest?

The insurance does seem to have shot up now but if I'm paying £12k for a UK TT6 then £1000 insurance is a damn good deal :)

:trophy:mine was £800 but has just gone up to £1200 for no reason and i did shop around,

if your saving for a supra dont think that you will have a car that wont cost you money once you have it cos you get the bug, spend a lttle there a little here making it as you want it then you want more power then bang your hooked

a with such a got lot of people on here you cant help but stay:trophy:

:trophy:mine was £800 but has just gone up to £1200 for no reason and i did shop around,

if your saving for a supra dont think that you will have a car that wont cost you money once you have it cos you get the bug, spend a lttle there a little here making it as you want it then you want more power then bang your hooked

a with such a got lot of people on here you cant help but stay:trophy:

Haha yeh I can already see this happening. I've already pictured my perfect Supra in my head and it looks expensive :p The replies about insurance costs are reassuring though! I keep hearing a lot about Sky being good for imports and modified cars and noticed theres a discount for club members which is always nice.

Haha yeh I can already see this happening. I've already pictured my perfect Supra in my head and it looks expensive :p The replies about insurance costs are reassuring though! I keep hearing a lot about Sky being good for imports and modified cars and noticed theres a discount for club members which is always nice.

You have to be 23 for Sky to insure you though mate. I've tried them :p

No way. Are you about 40 now? :p

How old are you, out of interest?

The insurance does seem to have shot up now but if I'm paying £12k for a UK TT6 then £1000 insurance is a damn good deal :)

22, Think I'm now paying about £1000 on the Aerotop with TT and 6 speed and BPU parts(I do have a good discount through having 4 cars on a multicar policy though, I think it would of been £1500)