The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Battery for UK spec

Branners

After stopping at a petrol station today I found out my battery is pretty much completely shagged. Its been lasting shorter and shorter times recently and after a quick jump start this morning I thought it would be fine, turns out it wasnt and I couldnt start it again at the petrol station.

So how much are people paying for a battery for a UK spec?

JB

JB - I'll have a word with a mate of mine who has a battery company up on Watford Bus Park. He sorted out my bat for me (nice big jobbie with lots of cranking juice!) for about £30 if I remember correctly. I'll get a price off him if your interested.?

I payed £42 for my last battery.

When you change your old battery try to keep power supplied to your alarm by use of jump cables from another battery or whatever. I had no end of problems resulting from loss of power to my Supra's security system.

didnt have time to fanny about as the car is in a parking permit bay at the moment so I bought a high capacity one from Halfords. Just popped it on and everything seems fine. Cost £56 but its the higher capacity calcium one so hopefully I can leave the car sitting in the garage for weeks on end without it running out.

JB