The mkiv Supra Owners Club

finding out about my car

Eddie-S

Hi all,

I'm trying to find out a bit more on the mods on my car from original. There's not many and I know about the apexi induction kit/air filter but not sure about the quality/effectiveness of my exhaust - RS.R concept exhaust magic - it is loud and at first I didn't like it but has grown on me and does sound very nice at certain revs!! but is it any good??

The wheels are Cerumo sports - I've done a bit of internet digging and I think they are 'Rays' built wheels, not copies (don't think they are a current model as the one that looks the same on their page are called SF racing and look identical) some available oversees but cant work out the price so my question is... they do need a bit of TLC lacquer coming off in places and not so shiny anymore! so are they worth a good refurb or would I be better putting my money to some new ones. sorry no pics yet to show you... Cheers Steve

Do you like the wheels ? if so and their not cheap junk get them refurbed, speak to Ibrar at Speedwells in B'ham, he refurbs wheels and is a trader on here, check the traders section.

Apexi is one of the best custom filters on the market but running the O/E airbox would be better

No idea on your exhaust but loud isn't always good and usually pisses your neighbours off sooner or later.

I do quite like the wheels so that's why I was asking, I've got a very good refurb place near me that I've used before so would probably use them. And I agree about the exhaust that's why I want to know if it's any good first.

I've seen tests results where after market air filters can end up losing power, anyone know if this is the case on the Supra it's a 1997 na?

I do quite like the wheels so that's why I was asking, I've got a very good refurb place near me that I've used before so would probably use them. And I agree about the exhaust that's why I want to know if it's any good first.

I've seen tests results where after market air filters can end up losing power, anyone know if this is the case on the Supra it's a 1997 na?

As i said, your better off with the O/E airbox, it has 2 cold air feeds from outside the engine bay, unlike a filter sat in the engine bay feeding a hotter intake charge into the engine which doesn't gain you power.

Most sellers of induction kits will say it adds hp but reallity says it wont.

Edited by Dnk (see edit history)