The mkiv Supra Owners Club

car battery flat how to stop alarm sounding ?

w41k3r

my cars batterys gone flat and because it has no drive i cant drive it, is there anyway of disarming the alarm siren as it must be a back up for when the batterys say removed it still goes off its a sigma alarm system is there a wire i could cut or something to stop the siren for the meantime ?

My old Celica's alarm went off when the battery was just about to die - unfortunately I was on holiday so my neighbour got really pi$$ed off until it died completely!! My deduction from that was that it'd go off until the battery was totally flat. A friend (who knows a bit about mechanincs etc) said the alarm is the last thing that draws power from a dying battery so it'll be the last thing to work when the battery's dead. Try just removing the battery or removing a connection in the alarm circuit. No connection or power - no noise!

Just thinking of your insurance here, if you disable the alarm, they may not pay up,if the mobiliser circuit gets switched off and it gets stolen damaged recovered,as they may want to check the alarm was working. It would make more sense to get a float charger and leave the car connected to it.

i have it hooked up to a tronic t4x battery charger at the min which says it will charge up then float charge as you say only prob is i go to scotland for 3 days at christmas and i dont want it alarming then, i think the only option i have is to get the neighbours to start it up to avoid this happening