The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Steering wheel replacment

Dim Sum

The TRD Steering Wheel was the only after market one that included an airbag and was a straight swap, but unfortunately now discontinued. There are some members who have fitted steering wheels from other Toyota models, hopefully they can confirm which ones.

MR2 and RAV4 wheels also fit. Think they are 100% the same. Get one from 2001-2005 as they are the nicest and later have buttons for radio and so. They are available in leather, and are a staight fit. I got mine in plastic and then got it fitted with leather:

http://idisk.me.com/stefanbovien/Public/interior.jpg

Looks good man, that made my mind up.

MR2 and RAV4 wheels also fit. Think they are 100% the same. Get one from 2001-2005 as they are the nicest and later have buttons for radio and so. They are available in leather, and are a staight fit. I got mine in plastic and then got it fitted with leather:

http://idisk.me.com/stefanbovien/Public/interior.jpg

One thing though, you should be able to get the wheel cheaply. Hopefully with ok leather. If not, a good thing about paying for getting the leather done yourself is that you can choose a design. I wanted to have the 3 and 9 o'clock positions in alcantara to fit my seats but they couldn't do that. Got grey stitching in stead. all ok for a reasonable price.

But the airbag usually don't come with the wheel though, and that is expensive. Like 250£ from Mr. T... You can get a coverplate for £150 or so to save a bit, but then no airbag...

Cheers bud, airbag is for pussies anyway, if I ever crash the car I want to see my face inprint in the steering wheel after and say "I did that"

One thing though, you should be able to get the wheel cheaply. Hopefully with ok leather. If not, a good thing about paying for getting the leather done yourself is that you can choose a design. I wanted to have the 3 and 9 o'clock positions in alcantara to fit my seats but they couldn't do that. Got grey stitching in stead. all ok for a reasonable price.

But the airbag usually don't come with the wheel though, and that is expensive. Like 250£ from Mr. T... You can get a coverplate for £150 or so to save a bit, but then no airbag...

• 2 weeks later...