The mkiv Supra Owners Club

DIY exhaust advise

SupraStar 3000

Just pre-anticipating any problems I may having fitting a:

BLITZ - NUR SPEC S EXHAUST to my: Mk4 SUPRA (IMPORT) - NA / AUTO.

With no free weekends until JAE and very little time in the evenings I hope the exhaust will bolt straight on. I'll receive the unit from Paul Whiffin next week and have already prepared the car.

Anything I need to know in advance or advice?

Never done an exhaust transplant before :conf:

Faye has an NA Auto and the blitz fitted on hers and that runs fine. I think the back pressure issue comes from 3" cat replacement pipes and the complete 'freeing up' of the exhaust.

Not sure what you mean by 'prepared the car' does this mean you've removed the stock pipe?

Possible problem could be the rear hanger, i suspect you may get the rubber attachments etc with the Blitz but i don't know and if not it could cause you hassle.

I have a HKS hyper with 3 inch piping on my N/A and its only really noticeable effect is mucho loudness:D I got my local garage bloke to change it for me on the ramps for a heady tenner. The biggest problem I think you will have is getting the bolts undone. Exhaust bolts can be a tad of an ass to undo especially if you are doing the job on jacks/axle stands.

Thanks people :thumbs:

What i meant by 'prepared the car' was loosening the bolts, jacks/axle stands and sitting down with the car and explaining to it the benefits of the mod and procedure of the operation :p

I was just alittle apprehensive about doing the work myself but things should go smoothly..........i hope :(

Originally posted by SupraStar 3000

Thanks people :thumbs:

What i meant by 'prepared the car' was loosening the bolts, jacks/axle stands and sitting down with the car and explaining to it the benefits of the mod and procedure of the operation :p

I was just alittle apprehensive about doing the work myself but things should go smoothly..........i hope :(

Sounds like you'll be fine. I think most aftermarket pipes use the same rubber hanger that the stock centre section (passenger side silencer) does, and locating the nur in that rubber and attaching the 2 bolts you've loosened will fully support the exhaust enough for you to sort out the final rear most hanger....

My old blitz back box has an L-shaped up and across hanger (ie bumper to bumper, not front to back) that makes it IMO a little difficult.

Mine was secondhand, so i'd hope you will get something to make this easier........maybe someone who's brought a new one could confirm this for you................

BTW i'm glad you've talked it through with the car, so many people would have missed this vital step:)