The mkiv Supra Owners Club

t88 is sold...bw 91-79 or precision 6765

Bailey.

Basically after many thoughts and posts, i dedcided to sell my greddy t88 due to feeling it will be too laggy for me. So now it is sold its time to order its replacemnt. I've pm'd a couple of members who have these turbo's and both have been very helpful with there responsess. Both have said very much the same,

they are making 1.5/6 bar of boost close to 4000rpm , the bw setup has made over 600hp and 6765 will once it has cams fitted and a remap.

I do not think there is a out right winner, but the only thing swaying me is there is bw 91-79's in stock in the states, where as the 6765 is going to be around 6 weeks before it will arrive, which is not a problem if it is the right turbo to go for. On the precision side of the argument it has proven time and time again it is a great turbo.

This is the final decision i have to make and probably the most important.

Any thoughts would be greatly appreciated.

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

tbh they are soo much alike its untrue, the BW and precision work out about the same in the states, so makes it even more of a toss up!

Depends what one you go with, i paid $2300 for my T6765H dbb but you can get a cheaper journal one with the s cover for about $1000 i think, not sure what power that would make.

Ricky i would be going with the journal bearing turbo like yourself.

Jamie i will probably be going for the h cover with ported shroud, will be a bit of a pain with greddy mani but i will work something out. both the 6765 and 91-79 work out at $1079 plus delivery and tax,

I don't want to sound dappy, but if the precision has a 65mm turbine wheel, and the Borg warner has a 79mm turbine wheel, how are there characteristics so much alike?

Surely the bw would be much more laggy?

Depends wether you are measuring the exducer or inducer