The mkiv Supra Owners Club

screamer pipe on Nurbergring?

black_widow87

You may get noise tested if someone or a marshall reports you on your way round, although testing is only normally done if something is extra loud in the car park, i got pulled in 3 years ago(before they became more strict) with my nurspec and just passed, its a long way to go to get banned for being to loud, i diverted my screemer back into the zorst as i do alot a trackdays anyway, one guy i know got a small exhaust like pipe made up to go on the end of the screemer pipe to tone it down slightly.

you could just put the bung in thou yeah

Put the bung in what your ear ole:), the op is refering to an open wastegate pipe which normally exits under the car, also fitting a bung in the exhaust of a highly tuned single turbo car is a no, no, it causes to much restriction and sends egt`s rocketing.

Can you hear the wastegate on a non-load accel though? Surely the wastegate noise wouldn't be a factor to any testing that they do?

Scott, thats correct, but it wouldn`t surprise me if the "ring" people don`t have some driveby sound meter`s setup, as every other race circuit does nowadays

I think if it's tooooo loud you'll get pulled. I was on the Ring 2 times this year and no Problems with the Blitz Nur Spec R (although i have a TT single could be louder...).

Do you have some kind of noise restrictions on Public Roads in the UK? If so the police in Germany can also pull you which is more pain than on the Ring.

Can you hear the wastegate on a non-load accel though? Surely the wastegate noise wouldn't be a factor to any testing that they do?

The 'ring marshalls are a law unto themselves - they can, and will ban you if they feel like it, regardless of noise tests. Plus there's a regular stream of marshalls lapping the place in un-marked cars, so they know who has crashed, who is noisy, who is dangerous...

In theory we do have a noise restriction, but I've never know it inforced.

It could be enforced here in Germany then. Some days ago i saw it on TV. A german Police Squad stopped several cars going on a meeting one of them was Danish.

The car was to low and they wouldn't let him drive away until he got the car up to legal height, with bad luck he would have been towed away. Also something to do with EU guidelines and so on.

Similar thing with noise although i don't know if they can/will confiscate the car as it's not safety relevant.

But don't pinpoint me on this i know how it is with German cars maybe it is the same with foreign ones.