The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Top speed for NA's

SupraMan Mk4

This is one for the NA owners out and about.

After reading Fitz's fine write up on the Spirited Driving Chronicles page - http://www.mkivsupra.net/vbb/showthread.php?234622-N-A-Auto-vs.-Subaru-Impreza-WRX-05

It got me thinking - yes I have used the search functionality and still no joy :)

What are the NA's capable of at the top end? I understand they are not the quickest off the line and the auto *lags* in second as its such a long gear and being restricted to 4 gears as a whole has to be a pain in the rear! But they do feel rather torquey and do continue to pull well through the gears without a lot of fuss.

So lets assume the car has been delimited - and get a rough idea of what people have managed/seen (on private roads, raceways, runways etc) ;) in their NA's.

Please state auto or manual also.

Cheers,

Paul

I've had mine just over 150 and still climbing when I had to pull off. I'm not sure how much further it would have gone but it wasn't struggling so I imagine I'd have hit 160. Surely there are some who took to the max at the Pod, or is the straight not long enough?

1/4 mile mate, probs hit 100 tops.

I did 152 or 155 long time ago when it could move ;) on the sat nav on my private m6 version road but it deffo didnt have much left in it revs were almost all the way to redline

I'm very suprised an NA can reach that speed, sure your Sat nav wasn't on the blink?

I've never tried, but would be suprised from my own experiences with my old GS300 and current NA Supra if they would top 150 on the stock speedo. You would certainly need a very long stretch of road to try it.

I'm very suprised an NA can reach that speed, sure your Sat nav wasn't on the blink?

I've never tried, but would be suprised from my own experiences with my old GS300 and current NA Supra if they would top 150 on the stock speedo. You would certainly need a very long stretch of road to try it.

yeah bud it was a very long stretch hence the version of my private road as said it was pretty much at the end of the revs and as for the sat nav i dont know allways seemed accurate but couldnt prove to you it was 100% accurate

• 4 months later...

150mph absolute max. You will need the same length of road that it will take a BPU to hit 190 though lol.

Realistic pulling top speeds will be around 140-145 (actual, not speedo).

In order to hit 150 in the N/A you will need to see around 160-165 on the speedo. I would expect to see over 150, on the speedo, in a well kept N/A with minimum fuss.

151 as recorded independantly over measured mile at Elvington. I've also done that on, ahem, private roads and seen 150 on the Snooper and Sat-Nav, speedo was saying something like 180 though, way out.

Manual 5 speed.

Yes. It was after the 1/4 mile, you had the option to take the left lane for a top speed run down the full length of the taxiway. Quite odd on the day, as the heat haze made the "road" ahead look like a black wall which is a bit disconcerting when you're doing over a ton.

Ive had a couple of na autos ive never been to 150, but both have got to 130/135 and still had pull in them for a bit more.

pretty much as you say on the last bit of motorway before i come off on my way home i always blat to 140 for about 2-3miles as its a nice long stretch and you can see the whole distance from way in front