The mkiv Supra Owners Club

just fitted gt28 twin turbos

fullthrottle

ok guys after much thought (two seconds) i thought ok lets give it a try so i purchsed a set of gt 28 turbos from the states, fitted them with a lot of swearing getting the old one's off.

once fitted i took the car to ryan g at srr where he installed a syvecs ecu and set the car up on the dyno after a few problems we got it sorted and manged too get 472 bhp before the my stock uk injectors where running out of fuel so we had to turn it down 428bhp for a bit for safety till i upgrade the injectors and fuel pump but ryan assure's me we should pass the 500 bhp mark. below the dyno graph so far you will see it come's on power pretty quick.

UPDATED PROGRESS

this is the the graph from the second dyno trip but now fitted with bigger injectors and running at 1.2 bar getting close to that magic 500 mark now need to fit water injection and 264 cams then i should be able to up the boost to 1.7 bar

dynograph.jpg

dyno.2.jpg

Edited by fullthrottle (see edit history)

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

not really no

how do i upload pics?

Click "Go Advanced"

Click "Manage attachments"

Click "Browse" and point to the photo you want to upload.

Click "Upload" to upload the photo to the site.

Close the external window

Type what you want to type then click "Submit reply"

Job done :)

Genuine GT28R would require a purpose made manifold, and down pipes, they will also not be sequential, good result although, an single BB GT28 on its own is good for 350BHP, pic would be good, you can also upload pics to Photobucket and then use the image code in between these tags, image

Also GT28R turbines Will not fit in the std turbo casings, the R also designated ball bearing, which will also not fit in the std core.

Edited by Tricky-Ricky (see edit history)

Not on an otherwise stock car though, at least I wouldn't think so.

Auto with high stall, decent drag suspension and decent drag tyres at a guess. That plus having the turbo's give one big run on US fuel.

It isn't that hard to believe.

Hell BPU supras can run 11s on drag rads with a good driver.

Well if you put it like that then it is more believable, though still an astonishing time for a sub 500bhp car.