The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Another Black/Black TT MKIV Targa Supra...

Guest Ambush

Hi all!

I'm Ambush and I live in Hawaii and this is my first post. Hopefully, it will profit me to go through these forums to find information I need. While I'm at it, does anyone have any information (I tried it's hard to find) on replacing the 3rd Brake Light? Not the bulb, but the whole housing. I replaced mine fine, but it's too loose. It's very tidious to tighten down and I'm not sure if the 2 metal back pieces are broken or not. Thanks!

p.s. Just purchased a 1 year subscription to the forums ;)

Edited by Ambush (see edit history)

It's got about 86,000 miles on it. What do you guys mean by Aero? I'm thinking you mean Targa Top. RHD = Right hand drive? You mean my shifter is on right side? Sorry just want to understand better. Anyways, thanks for the warm welcome. Yes, it is a blessing to live in Hawaii. I'm originally from Philadelphia, Pennsylvania.

Car used to be blacked out everything. I bought all new lights including 98' headlights and taillights. Its not a standard black. It's has some sparkle in it. It's subtle, and makes it look more glossy.

It's got about 86,000 miles on it. What do you guys mean by Aero? I'm thinking you mean Targa Top. RHD = Right hand drive? You mean my shifter is on right side? Sorry just want to understand better..

In Britain, the Targo Top Supras are called Aerotops (it's the model name). Yes, RHD means right hand drive, but relates to the position of the steering wheel. Your car is LHD. It's RHD over here because we drive on the left side of the road (the correct side ;) )

Anyways, thanks for the warm welcome. Yes, it is a blessing to live in Hawaii. I'm originally from Philadelphia, Pennsylvania.

Philadelphia - born and raised? On a playground did you spend most of your days? Perhaps chilling out, maxing and relaxing all cool? Maybe shooting some b-ball outside of the school?

Car used to be blacked out everything. I bought all new lights including 98' headlights and taillights. Its not a standard black. It's has some sparkle in it. It's subtle, and makes it look more glossy.

Yeah, black everything looks terrible imo, there needs to be stuff in there like your chrome rim lips to break things up a bit :thumbs:

Edited by Matt H (see edit history)

What a motor you've got there! 6 Speed TT aero, people over here dream of a RHD version.

There will be a lot of jealous members on here, especially as you live in Hawaii!

:innocent:

Philadelphia - born and raised? On a playground did you spend most of your days? Perhaps chilling out, maxing and relaxing all cool? Maybe shooting some b-ball outside of the school?

I can't help but think of this when I hear of Philadelphia:

uTeBFmWsLIg

You can explain to us what the second button on the passengers door then! Can you can confirm that it is a window lock button?

It's changes the car from LHD to RHD. It pushes the steering wheel over. You just have to hold the button down. Oh...and yes it locks the windows from being rolled down :)

Welcome..!!

Has the car been resprayed in black? Lovely looking car..!!

H.

Yeah. It's black paint, but has sparkles or flakes whatever you want to call it. I'll try to post another pic close up I. My garage (on forum) one day.

Welcome me ol china...sorry iam London :-), lovely motor you have there all you need now is the bonnet scoop to go with the uk/us spec engine you have fitted, the give away is the cooling rear turbo snorkal.

Pehaps someone changed the bonnet at some point?

Iam i bitter and jelous.....never;-)

It's changes the car from LHD to RHD. It pushes the steering wheel over. You just have to hold the button down.

I've seen cars that can actually do that. :D

Our cars do not have that button. So it's a mystery to us. We only have a window lock on the drivers side.