The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Winter Car Cover

Abz

Well with the winter months here I am tempted to get a outdoor winter car cover.

Especially as there will be long periods where I won't be using the car.

My only problem is, I need one before I go away on the 6th Dec.

So can you please recommend me something, nothing too snazzy, and oh I have a TRD Spolier :)

I have had a quick look on eBay but would it be a safer bet to just go Halfords?

I bought the all seasons car cover from halfords a couple of weeks back and seems to be ok. The price is not too bad either :)

My car has Trd spoiler and Do Luck front and clears fine. I opted for the XL size for that reason and had no problems so far.

Is this a good fit or way too big ?

Is this a good fit or way too big ?

It seems a good fit with a little bit of extra material but i think the next size down would not be big enough. Only reason i got this one and not the stormforce one was due to having a Trd spoiler and Do luck bumper. Its also at a reasonable price so wasnt too fussed if it wasnt the best cover.

It seems a good fit with a little bit of extra material but i think the next size down would not be big enough. Only reason i got this one and not the stormforce one was due to having a Trd spoiler and Do luck bumper. Its also at a reasonable price so wasnt too fussed if it wasnt the best cover.

Same here and need a cover to go over my TRD widebody, i might just try the Halfords one

Thanks for the info

i just boughtthe Halford Advanced car cover, XL.

it is fairly soft inside and has straps.

I have a TRD wing, and it ALMOST covers the whole car.... the front and sides are fine, but it leave about 2inches of the bottom of my back wheels showing, and doesnt go all the way under my Trial rear, again, to around the exhaust :)

Thanks for the replies guys, though keep suggestions coming in.

So far it looks like Halford will be the best bet, and I take I'll need an XL with the TRD Spoiler (Though stock body).

Hopefully this thread will be useful for other members during this period of weather :)

i got a large deluxe cover from argos last week, fits the TRD wideboy kit fine with spoiler, small ammount uncovered at the bottom of the rear bumper but covers wheels and zaust and all of front.

for 20 something quid its a steal.

Just wondering al, is it just polyester or is there any kind of lining on the inside ?

no but its fairly soft, they reccomend putting an old rug over the roof/bonnet, seems fine, and fits pritty snuggly

Cool, thanks for clearing that up :) For £28.99 that aint bad at all. Would imagine you could get a cheap sheet of soft fabric to just drape over the car from somewhere like Dunelm for cheap just to act as a "anti-scratch" protection.