The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Power Whore

Ricky49

Right I have been over at SRD today and had a good chat with LeeP.

I wanted to know more info on his stroker kits and if it's what I want to go with.

When I first got my Supra I wanted to have 600hp and that was it, then I met Lee, Jamie and that all went out the window and I wanted a built engine.

So Im hoping I hit the 700hp mark with my current single conversion.

Then SRD mentioned it's own stroker kits and then I wanted one of them, I thought it would be different to have on in the UK as there aren't many about slap a mahoosive tubby on and away we go.

1100hpish, stroker happy days. But I then spoke with Lee last week and he was saying a 3.4 stroker and a turbo similar to the 6765 would be an awesome machine with an 8k

rpm limit.

So today we were talking how good it would be to have a nice 650-700 sunny weekend driver and a crazy bad ass 1200hp monster.

My problem is what to do and go with, if I go with the monster I doubt I would drive it much and fall out of love with it. Then I think that 700hp on tap I would want more.

Anyone wanting to donate a rolling shell:)

Could you not have it both ways? Low boost setting 800bhp then high boost with E85 for 1000bhp+

If you can afford both do it!

You could but a turbo capable of 1200bhp (80mm ish) wont be a great car to drive at 700 bhp because of the lag, a fast spooling 700bhp would murder it.

Its not very hard to swap turbos though, i might do this myself, get the 1000bhp i want but just use it for the drag days, fit a 6765 at around 700bhp for 90% of my driving.

Edited by JamieP (see edit history)

You could but a turbo capable of 1100bhp (80mm ish) wont be a great car to drive at 700 bhp because of the lag, a fast spooling 700bhp would murder it.

Its not very hard to swap turbos though, i might do this myself, get the 1000bhp i want but just use it for the drag days, fit a 6765 at around 700bhp for 90% of my driving.

I had considered this but then found out a gt45 with 3.4 would be at full boost by around 5000-5500k I thought that wasn't to bad on spool. And I won't be using the car all the time so it wouldnt be that bad for me

Like i said today dude, get yourself 700hp and you'll have the biggest smile on your boat ;)

Dont go chasing numbers u dont even know about like 1000hp etc, 700odd will still scare the cr@p out of u and wil ruin most things on the road when u get the opportunity to put it down :)

I had considered this but then found out a gt45 with 3.4 would be at full boost by around 5000-5500k I thought that wasn't to bad on spool. And I won't be using the car all the time so it wouldnt be that bad for me

Yeah in top gear, more like 6000rpm in 3rd, To get 1200bhp from a gt45 you will need to run race fuel, on pump fuel it will be hard to get more than 900 bhp i think.

Yeah in top gear, more like 6000rpm in 3rd, To get 1200bhp from a gt45 you will need to run race fuel, on pump fuel it will be hard to get more than 900 bhp i think.

Yeah Lee said the same thing mate.still undecided tbh,all I know is I want to go 200mph+ in a mile event so a smaller turbo could do it. It will be handy if a couple of others do big builds before mine so we can see how they perform.what turbo were you running on your last setup?

Yeah Lee said the same thing mate.still undecided tbh,all I know is I want to go 200mph+ in a mile event so a smaller turbo could do it. It will be handy if a couple of others do big builds before mine so we can see how they perform.what turbo were you running on your last setup?

6765 will do a 200mph mile imo, i did a 190mph mile with one on a stock engine with a 7200rpm limit and a boost problem in top gear.

Like i said today dude, get yourself 700hp and you'll have the biggest smile on your boat ;)

Dont go chasing numbers u dont even know about like 1000hp etc, 700odd will still scare the cr@p out of u and wil ruin most things on the road when u get the opportunity to put it down :)

That's sort of what I'm trying to answer. Is going for 1000+hp a waste of time.

That's sort of what I'm trying to answer. Is going for 1000+hp a waste of time.

For me, yeah its a waste of time and huge expense. 700's are a right handful, and hard to find enough space to fully

Enjoy it :D i dont know what you'd need to get traction @ a grand hp??

But everyone is different mate, its def not a waste if its what u want. I just think you're chasing numbers before u need to. See what u think of the performance when Lee's finished this part and go from there mate ;)

All i know for sure is i will NOT be doing any standing mile events which is a shame!!

I think 550-600whp is plenty for the road, anymore can be undriveable for the most part.

I would have to dissagree with that :p

My car at high boost is not undrivable at all, grips fine from 3rd gear onwards and I can balance the power through the corners as the power is not on/off.