The mkiv Supra Owners Club

spray painting and compressor

hp006

I am after spraying the supra bonnet. I have a sealey 50l 2hp compressor. Will this be enough to spray paint the bonnet or do i need a more powerful compressor. How hard is it to spray paint? I have a spare bumper to practice on but dont want to waist paint/money as its pricey??

Just make sure you prep the bonnet and get it smooth, then have a warm garage and lay the paint evenly, if its cold do thin coats all the way...i learnt in the cold..and can paint very well with cans and guns + compressors, if your looking for a 100% perfect finish i wouldnt paint in the cold as it took me a while to master getting a good finish

After you f**k it up it will cost a lot more to put right, just seen the car is silver, one of the worst colours to paint, will look lovely with tiger stripes all over it, you can't go edge to edge either as it wont match so you have to puff the silver onto the wings and nose then laquer the complete front of the car before you flat it with 1500 and then 2000 wet and dry and then buff it back with Farecla compound and a finishing glaze, any one of these steps can go badly wrong for a pro in a purpose built workshop, imagine the dramas you could have.

Try hammerite, one member has and his finish is stunning...........................................just ask the local cannine population!!!!!

No need !!!!!