The mkiv Supra Owners Club

PHR turbo kits

Rob_Mitchell

anyone had much dealings with these kits? or anyone have one on there car? i know lui has and he has got good results from it.

i like the look of the stage 1 as it falls into my power aim. apart from this kit i like the look of the whiffbitz bw kit.

i want a turbo kit and not buy all over the place, plus i want to run safely on a stock tt autobox so i know coolers are required.

any sugestions is much appreciated, many thanks rob

you had problems with that then?

Quite the opposite I'd imagine.

Might be worth asking PHR if they'll sell you the Street Kit without the turbo. The cast manifold with a bigger T61DBB/GT35R/GTX35R turbo would be a very responsive fast street setup.

That is a great idea but the trouble with that is the PHR street kit uses (or at least it used to) an "On centre" turbine housing on the turbo which also mates up to a 4bolt downpipe....it would be a bit of a PITA to buy a brand new kit and then have to modify the downpipe to fit a normal 3" V band turbo and also possible extend the oil drain line as the "on centre" mounting will be sitting a little lower (shorter drain than normal).

That is a great idea but the trouble with that is the PHR street kit uses (or at least it used to) an "On centre" turbine housing on the turbo which also mates up to a 4bolt downpipe....it would be a bit of a PITA to buy a brand new kit and then have to modify the downpipe to fit a normal 3" V band turbo and also possible extend the oil drain line as the "on centre" mounting will be sitting a little lower (shorter drain than normal).

The GT35R and GTX35R turbos are available with a T4 on centre housing with 4 bolt flange, so may be doable.

I got my HKS kit minus the turbo through LeeP from Japan other than the 8wk wait I had no problems, then I ordered the turbo from the US.

All in all it was about £3650 to my door including shipping, import tax and vat.

Always an option to buy the turbo for Mr Whiffin if you wanted.

I got my HKS kit minus the turbo through LeeP from Japan other than the 8wk wait I had no problems, then I ordered the turbo from the US.

That's exactly what I'd do, HKS Turbo Set Up Kit mated with a Garrett GTX35R would be my ultimate street setup.