The mkiv Supra Owners Club

New 1995 RZ Twin Turbo Automatic Purchased

Guest supra-andy

Guest supra-andy

Hi, im new to the club and to the Supra. Its my first one and its a Jap import but is completly standard. Where should I start in modifying my car? I was thinking about a new exhaust, possibly a Greedy Power Extreme ii or a Blitz Nur Spec Type R. Any suggestions on that and what body kit to put on, was thinkng of Bomex? Cheers.

As Abz say's, the first thing you should do is get to know the car, then start thinking of the perfomance. CLick on BPU for a list of whats required, and what is "suggested" to up the boost to 1.2bar. If your going to be increasing your power like that though, its a good idea to check everything else on the car is up to par before hand, your brakes for instance. If it hasnt recently had a recent service (maybe add the cooler plugs at this time), then that would be where i would be spending my money to begin with. Once your happy with the condition of the car, then start adding things like exhausts etc. Its a 15 yr old car remember :)

Guest supra-andy

Cheers, thanks for the replys. Ill get reading up on bpu now and see what I can do. Had a full service done now and everything apparently is in good order.

Cheers, thanks for the replys. Ill get reading up on bpu now and see what I can do. Had a full service done now and everything apparently is in good order.

Welcome to the club Andy and congrats on the purchase, any :Pics:

Good you've had a full service done :thumbs:

The first things I'd do would be:

Full geometry/alignment check - This can make a huge difference to the handling and grip levels of the car. If the suspension components weren't checked as part of the service, get all the bushes/joints checked for wear.

Optimise the braking - the Supra came with 2 brake options; the smaller 2pot front/1pot rear and the larger 4pot front/2pot rear. If you have the smaller brakes fitted my first mod would be to upgrade to the larger brakes. Alternatively optimise the brakes with good quality pads, braided stainless steel brake lines and decent brake fluid.

Tyres - I'd make sure you have a good quality set of tyres fitted.

Exhaust - There are a lot of different exhaust brands and models to choose from, the Blitz NUR R and GReddy PEII are both popular and very good quality. Note the Blitz NUR R is quite loud and the GReddy PEII is discontinued now for the Supra. If noise level is an issue then the Blitz NUR RX would be a good quieter alternative.

BPU - Have a read of the linked thread, bpu makes a big difference to performance for a relatively low outlay of money. Before doing this check the condition of the intercooler, if it has the original side mounted intercooler fitted you'll probably find the fins in very poor condition.

Bodykits - See stickied threads HERE

Edited by Nic (see edit history)