The mkiv Supra Owners Club

T88..........""maybe"" not

Bailey.

Now its getting closer to starting my single conversion i am having doughts about running the t88 and maybe choosing a different turbo!!! just a few things different people have mentioned about how laggy it will be! i would still be running the greddy manifold and w/gate. but change to a turbo which would spool much quicker and still give me the goal i am looking at making! The goal is upto 650hp on high boost around 1.6 bar and around 550 at lower boost. the choice of cam is a pair of whifbitz 264's. The question is what bloody turbo should i be considering if i am going to change???

my thoughts are

-bw 91/79

-6765 journal

anymore??? im sure you will notice i have'nt mentioned bb turbos, and in the past i have had bad experience's with gt30r and a 35r which both failed with very low miles and not crazy boost, also with save a few quid too, :D

so all thoughts welcome.....

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Greddy manifold is designed to take a T78 or T88, both very long turbos, modern turbos are stubby compared to them and the housing may hit on runner number 1, id say the BW has no chance of fitting as they have a huge housing, also your down pipe is 4 bolt fitment, all modern turbos are v band fitment, also the ic pipe in you kit wont work, very unlikely the oil drain or feed will work either, if going with another turbo is sell the complete kit and buy another myself.

ok i understand now, i know that the d/pipe will have to be modified or replaced, i dont have any pipework yet mate, it will be made to fit. im now going to have to find some pics of different turbo's fitted to greddy manni's ar'nt i............

Id not bother, sell the kit if you are not using the T88.

I fitted a GT4088 to a greddy manifold and it was a major pita, nothing fitted, had to space the T4 flange up 15mm, cut the turbo housing and weld on a 90, new oil feed and drain, drain was a nightmare to fit in the limited space, had to go custom downpipe as nothing off the shelf will fit as the turbo is so high after you space it up.

Id not bother, sell the kit if you are not using the T88.

I fitted a GT4088 to a greddy manifold and it was a major pita, nothing fitted, had to space the T4 flange up 15mm, cut the turbo housing and weld on a 90, new oil feed and drain, drain was a nightmare to fit in the limited space, had to go custom downpipe as nothing off the shelf will fit as the turbo is so high after you space it up.

[sHOCK][/sHOCK]..........................................................

Now its getting closer to starting my single conversion i am having doughts about running the t88 and maybe choosing a different turbo!!! just a few things different people have mentioned about how laggy it will be! i would still be running the greddy manifold and w/gate. but change to a turbo which would spool much quicker and still give me the goal i am looking at making! The goal is upto 650hp on high boost around 1.6 bar and around 550 at lower boost. the choice of cam is a pair of whifbitz 264's. The question is what bloody turbo should i be considering if i am going to change???

my thoughts are

-bw 91/79

-6765 journal

anymore??? im sure you will notice i have'nt mentioned bb turbos, and in the past i have had bad experience's with gt30r and a 35r which both failed with very low miles and not crazy boost, also with save a few quid too, :D

so all thoughts welcome.....

De Ja Vu

Yet another thread with the same discussion....

Glad you took my advice and decided to ditch the T88 :)

http://www.mkivsupra.net/vbb/showthread.php?230469-Cams-really-all-that