The mkiv Supra Owners Club

On the hunt again!

TubbyTwo

Hi all,

been a member on here since 2006 but not really posted much, just paid up and read all the guides and tech posts etc.

Looking to go for a TT supra around Feb/March 2011 so hope to make it to some local meets. keen to see both the 6spd and auto and how they both drive on the roads.

Used to drive an MR2 Turbo with chargecooler running around 270, great little track toy, used to knock out consistant 13.2/13.3s at the pod.

I miss that car [sAD][/sAD]

sadly had to go as was buying a house and couldnt justify a toy at the time, so sold that and ended up with a MK1 Leon Cupra R, remaped to 280hp.

Enjoyment lasted about a month and now back on the hunt for some Japanese fun.

cheers

Si.

Thanks guys, im currently looking at the rather tasty stock silver auto in the sale section. £6800.

Dan - Im in Ipswich mate, will keep my eyes peeled for some local meets and pop along. Will have to hide the VAG barge in the corner lol

There's a fair few on here who like VAG :)

With a budget of 7-8K i cant see you having any issues at all with finding a nice Auto. When you say stock, do you mean just stock looks, or stock power also? Reason i ask is, for 7-8K you could easily find a nice BPU Auto for that price. Then again, the money saved going for a stock one, you can BPU it yourself :eyebrows:

Ohh looks like i have caught someones eye...dont hang around tubby-two i've got some interested parties at the mo and its first come first serve:-)

its bookmarked! gutted as the nice ones are always around when im not ready to buy :( Need to sell my LCR before i can get one :(

grr

With a budget of 7-8K i cant see you having any issues at all with finding a nice Auto. When you say stock, do you mean just stock looks, or stock power also? Reason i ask is, for 7-8K you could easily find a nice BPU Auto for that price. Then again, the money saved going for a stock one, you can BPU it yourself :eyebrows:

Originally stock body and stock engine etc, however i certainly wouldnt turn down a tidy BPU car with a kit, or one thats already BPU.

Basically whatever i buy im going to tinker with it lets be honest!

It is chap, i live just off Foxhall road near KFC :D are the mini meets usually posted up on here?

No not normally, we arange it between ourself's. Will be sure to let you know when they are.

My supe won't be out again until about april time, so will start doing stuff after that, there is a meet in bury st edmunds that we go to and also a few curry nights with some of the essex members.

If you'd rather have a manual, then i say keep saving. If you have 7-8k already, its not a far stretch to 9k. Spec seeing as its not exactly driving weather, you may as well save a bit more over the winter months and buy a nice Manual in the spring. Just my two pence.

thats going to be the plan i think, worth holding out another 2 or 3 months.

Edited by TubbyTwo (see edit history)