The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Pics request: Facelift headlights with Angel Eye/LED Convesion

SupraDan24

Hi guys, my lights are due a refurb so i've decided to have an Angel Eye style conversion done at the same time but with LED's rather than a solid neon. Does anyone have an good pics of some examples i can look at. I'm in two minds whether or not to have the main beam done as well, or just the other two lights. I'm not sure how it will look with just two of the 3 lights done.

Dan

Check out the garage :)

Ahhh nic one Scott that's perfect, how do you get on driving at night with those? Are they Neon or LED? Don't suppose you have a pic of them taken at night do you, maybe with the full beams on as well to see how the whole thing looks? Last Q, how do you like them without the main beam done? Cheers mate.

Dude, i love them lights, do you have a write up on how to carry out the conversion and where to get the items required for the conversion.

Your car is one mean mofo :)

I didn't do a writeup but I did take a couple of pics while I was making them, they are on my website (Link in my sig). The first set I made were J-Spec's that I facelifted. I just glued the angel eyes on in the correct place and left it at that. The 2nd set were glass and I decided to go for a more bespoke fitting by grinding out the holes to give the angel eyes an interference fit (as well as being glued in).

It is a fairly big job to do the 2nd option, the 1st one can be done in a few hours from start to finish.

I got the stuff from the US via ebay, they are exactly the same as the ones sold at angeleyesweb.com or whatever it is. If you google angel eyes, it is one of the first links.

Ahhh nic one Scott that's perfect, how do you get on driving at night with those? Are they Neon or LED? Don't suppose you have a pic of them taken at night do you, maybe with the full beams on as well to see how the whole thing looks? Last Q, how do you like them without the main beam done? Cheers mate.

Driving at night? It makes no difference, you wouldn't see sidelights at night in a facelift supra anyway. They are cold cathode rings. I hate the look of the ones with the main beam done, the difference in size just makes them stick out like a sore thumb. Also because of the size of the 'halo' the thickness of it looks really silly, for such a large diameter the halo should be twice as thick to make it appear the same ratio as the others.

I only have a rubbish night time pic:

http://www.mkivsuprastar.com/Supra/Plastic%20Angel%20Eyes/Angel%20Night.JPG

and this one with the full beams on (6000k HIDs)...

attachment.php?attachmentid=112174&stc=1&d=1276541608