The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Which Turbo Timer should the Mrs get me for Xmas?

SupraDan24

Hey guys, ive had a snout through the Whiftbitz site and picked out These Two Turbo Timers my GF is willing to part with her cash for, for my Xmas pressie. I was just wondering, does the HKS one have anything particular going for it over the Blitz one to warrent the extra 30 beans other than the asthetic value? Does anyone own or have used either that they could reccommend, and lastly, does the HKS one calculate the time auto like the Blitz one, the description isnt very clear. I'm not looking for an all singing all dancing one, just something that calculates the time by itself so i dont have to keep changing it like my old one, and something that looks half decent. Cheers

Ps Tron is on the tele...:cool:

Illegal :innocent:??

How so?

It is illegal to leave your car running unattended on public roads. In fact, I think it may be illegal to leave your car running in general now.

The 2nd one you could argue due to it being a requirement of the engine (even though it's not), the 1st there is no excuse for.

Agreed. I have used it a few times, but just to confuse the general public etc. ;)

I find the remote start does a faaar better job of that one :D

Mine is an addon module for the clifford alarms. Not sure if you could add a 3rd party one to the system as your alarm might not like it.

My Toad alarm on my last Supra had a remote start. It was good for the cold mornings....and the occasional freaking people out standing next to it :D

I also have a Clifford system, but maybe not with all the gubbins that makes that possible. It sounds great though, especially on these cold mornings. :)

I also have a Clifford system, but maybe not with all the gubbins that makes that possible. It sounds great though, especially on these cold mornings. :)

You could more than likely go on the Clifford website and see which one come with remote start and which dont, the Toad website used to have all there's in a Table, with ticks next to included features so it was really easy. Personally, i wouldnt go out of my way to find one WITH remote start, i'd look at the more as an added bonus of the alarm of my choice then a necessity. And yes, it was very good for the mornings, car was always lovely and warm when i got in :D

I've bought a Turbo Timer a few weeks ago. Connected it, but now my car unlocks itself when the Timer shuts off the engine. So, as a result I now have to wait until the Timer stops counting... So it makes no difference.

I just see it as a nice gadget, but not very useful. So yes, go for a 2nd decat.

Edited by Tim_v_M (see edit history)

If it is the 600 or the 650 then you can definitely get a module upgrade for it. Basically it's a box that plugs into the ECU of your alarm system and connects to a couple of wires in your harness. Any clifford dealer can add it in for you.

IIRC it costs around £200 though so it isn't cheap.

Illegal :innocent:??

How so?

It is illegal to leave your car running unattended on public roads. In fact, I think it may be illegal to leave your car running in general now.

The 2nd one you could argue due to it being a requirement of the engine (even though it's not), the 1st there is no excuse for

Yeah that :)