The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Newbie here :)

Vlad-tec

Hello guys,

My name is Vlad, live in Plymouth (Devon).

Wanted to buy a Supra since I was 16 and I think my time finally came, just got to wait for my insurance to run out in January so I can get my 2nd NCB and if I sell my car successfully of course.

At the moment drive a DC2 Integra Type-R, here is a quick pic

http://sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc4/hs763.snc4/66359_1593416446105_1556734291_3046940_6677647_n.jpg

I won't be buying a TT model as its a bit too much and I wont be able to feed the beast, but I do want a 3ltr Manual.

Now just few questions for you guys, why does the price range for them vary so much between 2500-4500? Also what sort of MPG do they get on a run and if generally treated and serviced well are they reliable.

Cheeroo :)

Firstly, yellow jspec teg is mega win, I'd maybe think about holding onto that until you can afford a TT...

Edit- I'm thinking it's actually White and the pic just making it look yella? :p

But if you do go for an NA, I'd guess the price difference would be down to condition, but as long as you get one that's been taken care of then the NA engine is pretty much bullet proof and extremely reliable although I don't think MPG is particularly the supras (NA or TT) strong point tbh.. Lol

Edited by marcAB10 (see edit history)

Hi and welcome pal.

MPG will be around 18-25 (mine is)

I'm sure you will be fine with the NA aslong as you dont expect it to go offf the line very quick, once rolling in 2nd they are pretty damn good though and will pull all the way to the red line in 5th effortlessly.

As mentioned the price is for condition, certainly worth looking at the higher price bracket as there are some real dogs about.

Congrats on choosing a manual ;)

Thanks for the comments guys

--> Marc, it used to be Championship White, then it got sprayed Candy orange, then it faded and I bought it and I resprayed it in yellow, so it wasnt yellow to start with :)

--> What sort of mpg do you get out of the TT supras if not ragged? I mean the reason why i want to get an NA so I wouldnt have to keep filling up all the time :)

--> Neil thx for the info mate, I mean mine does 0-60 in just over 6, what do the manuals make it?

Most say between 6.5-7, think mine will be around the high 5's low 6's, seriously dont worry about the 0-60, once rolling they are fine and i'm sure will pass alot of cars that will beat them to 60.

Best thing is to just drive a couple, dont just try one as it could be a complete dog and be down on power.

If you do get one make sure you get a SS manifold as they make a world of difference.

Cant help with any TT q's but they are a completeley different animal ;)

Most say between 6.5-7, think mine will be around the high 5's low 6's, seriously dont worry about the 0-60, once rolling they are fine and i'm sure will pass alot of cars that will beat them to 60.

Best thing is to just drive a couple, dont just try one as it could be a complete dog and be down on power.

If you do get one make sure you get a SS manifold as they make a world of difference.

Cant help with any TT q's but they are a completeley different animal ;)

I am not worried about perfomance is in such, they are great cars and I love them :) It might be worth for me to have a look at what people are selling on here as I can see their progress thread at least :)

--> What sort of mpg do you get out of the TT supras if not ragged? I mean the reason why i want to get an NA so I wouldnt have to keep filling up all the time :)

Here is my thread on my recent trip to France in my Supe Clicky Here :)

I love them DC2's I had one a long while ago! Might be tempted into another one :eyebrows: