The mkiv Supra Owners Club

n/a-t advise

sim1987

hi all i have finaly managed to get the funds together to do the turbo conversion on my 1994 sz mannual:) here is a list of what i will be buying if i am missing anything can you please let me know cheers.

Toyota Supra Non-Turbo to T61 Turbo Conversion Kit 1993-1998 Supra 2JZGE Engine

12x24x3" polished aluminum front mount intercooler (4" upgrade available)

T61 turbo

2JZ-GE polished stainless steel manifold, fully braced

40mm wastegate - compare to HKS

Polished stainless steel dump tube

Choice of blow off valves, compare to Turbo XS -OR- Blitz

** or upgrade to 50mm V-Band mount BOV - RED, BLUE or clear anodize $40 extra - compare to Ti-Al

** or upgrade to sequential style $30 extra - compare to HKS)

3" v-band clamp kit

3" v-Band polished stainless steel down pipe with 02 sensor bungs

Teflon and braided stainless oil supply line, high temp drain lines & flanges gaskets

Turbo oil return plate (to oil pan)

Customer Must Purchase Air Filter (we provide air filter tube)

GReddy eManage Ultimate

440cc injectors

1.3mm headgasket

i know i will need to upgrade the fuel pump which would be the best for me to buy.cheers

i have been looking around all night for a good turbo kit and have settled on this from supra store in the U.S

For those owners with JDM (Japan Spec) 2JZGE powered cars wishing to do the conversion to a turbo powered engine, we have put together a package that is comprehensive and spec'd for up to 335HP. If you wish to go higher we can provide as an option our 1.3mm head gasket kit as well as direct drop in and upgraded injectors to support 450hp+.

What we have done is simply take the best products and put together a package so you don't have to wonder what parts you need to do a complete conversion. The GReddy eManage Ultimate is the number one choice for JDM NA-T conversions and we also include our JDM to eManage Ultimate wiring harness which allows you to plug your eManage directly into your JDM computer without any hacking of wires or splicing. Any project of this nature is not complete without a wide band controller and boost gauge and controller. Using the proven AEM UEGO wide band and a AEM Tru boost combo electronic boost controller and boost gauge you are all set. Fuel is bumped up with the addition of a complete Walbro in tank 255 liter per hour pump with install kit. All the way down to the air filter, hard pipe kit..........well you get the picture complete.

This kit also INCLUDES air freight to the UK, Australia and many other international locations for a truly a one-click purchase.

You will receive the following 350HP non turbo to turbo conversion package designed for the 2JZGE engine Supra (JSPEC

You will receive:

(1) NA-T Turbo Conversion Kit

(1) BOV Upgrade V-Band

(1) Intercooler Hard Pipe Kit

(1) GReddy eManage Ultimate Controller (JPSEC)

(1) SupraStore Custom eManage JDM Harness

(1) Air Filter Kit

(1) AEM UEGO Controller Wide Band

(1) AEM Tru Boost Elec. Controller with Boost Gauge

(1) Walbro Fuel Pump w/install kit 255 liter per hour (intank)

does this sound ok do you think its worth me spending 3k

hi all i have finaly managed to get the funds together

How many funds do you have together?

Call me a kill joy :) but if you have the funds to do a turbo conversion you should have the funds to sell the NA and buy a TT, which would be a better option IMO.

ps. I wouldn't fit a thicker head gasket to lower the CR, I'd run lower boost with the stock head gasket or fit 2JZGTE pistons.

• 4 months later...

hi mate you will need a 4runner distributor cap (for the turbo to clear the distributor with airfilter) off a v6 lexus and another number 2 ht lead as number one wont reatch anymore with the 4runner. and a union bolt for oil feed off a lexus is300.

toyota dealer part number (4runner cap) PN 19101-65040.

W=the # on the wire D= the # on the 4Runner cap

W1 - D5

W2 - D1

W3 - D3

W4 - D6

W5 - D4

W6 - D2

lexus is300 union bolt - toyota dealer part number 90401-19008.

you will also need 2 bosh single wire lambda sensors as normally the down pipe you get with the kit are the threaded type and i think your car lambda sensors will be the 2 hole type.

hope this helps ;-)

Don't forget you will also have to pay duty if you bring stuff over from the US.

Lots of support from guys in the UK who can sell you a kit. Not sure what support you will get if you buy in the US. Bear in mind at least a 5 hour time difference for a start.

Not sure who else offers these but know Whiffbitz do.