The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Performance parts

Guest sco350

I'm still quite a new TT owner and I am planning a few winter mods this year mainly diff and rear sub frame mount upgrades. The question is what companies have members been using for any performance upgrades ? I'm not going racing or drag strip just fast road use. :innocent:

It's a j spec TT running 16 psi and a kazz lsd and it's the lsd and wheel skip thats the problem. I was looking to fit solid diff mounts and harder sub frame mounts to help reduce the problem. When I got the car it was running the higher pressure but with the open lsd the car was very twitchy, so I fitted the diff and the handling is transformed. Problem now is the noise of the diff as it winds up the rubber mounts at low speed and produces a pronounced shudder. I will be looking to upgrade the brakes and auto box later.

It's a j spec TT running 16 psi and a kazz lsd and it's the lsd and wheel skip thats the problem. I was looking to fit solid diff mounts and harder sub frame mounts to help reduce the problem. When I got the car it was running the higher pressure but with the open lsd the car was very twitchy, so I fitted the diff and the handling is transformed. Problem now is the noise of the diff as it winds up the rubber mounts at low speed and produces a pronounced shudder.

Replace the bushes with OEM Toyota parts from your local dealer.

How many diff bushes do you have fitted 1 or 2 (some models have 1 some 2)? If you only have 1 at the moment then retro fitting a second bush will help.

Part numbers

41651-14020 Toyota Rear Diff Case Bush

41651-14010 Toyota Rear Diff Case Bush

attachment.php?attachmentid=19565&d=1123782389

Edited by Nic (see edit history)

You may find shudder is a way of life with that LSD. You could try some lubricant additive, Chrsyler sell an oil modifier for the diff oil in the rear LSD on Cherokee Jeeps, try adding two containers to the diff, after draining enough oil to make room for it, of course. The problem is very unlikely to be fixed by changing diff or subframe mounts.