The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Fitted new wheels on the Supra :)

alex2jz

Well, after 6 weeks of waiting the special order Team Dynamics Pro Race 1.3 wheels have arrived. And i must i say i'm pretty happy with how they've changed the look of the car.

They are 8.5J fronts and 10J rears.

Took a few not so good snaps of the car with them fitted. Better pics to come.

P1000242.jpg

P1000350.jpg

P1000284.jpg

P1000275b.jpg

P1000287.jpg

P1000318.jpg

P1000335b.jpg

P1000343b.jpg

P1000310b.jpg

those are the tyre profiles that I am running at the moment, thinking of going for 295s for the rear....(due to traction issues in 2 & 3) - plus think it will fill the arches better.

You might need to roll the fenders if you go 295. I didn't really needed 275's on the rear (considering the car is NA), it was strictly for looks.

I didn't need a fender roll because of the 45 mm offset. Cheers j_jza80 ! Yes they seem really quality stuff that don't break your wallet either. Pretty light too. Can't feel any difference in performance even though they are bigger and wider than the old ones, as well as the tyres.

What plans have you got for your Supra Alex?

I really don't know what the next year has installed for me mate. It's going either a NA-TT swap or a K-Sport brake conversion, exhaust replacement, suspension refresh job. Lately i'm thinking about the second option. My J-Spec brakes don't behave very well, lower suspension arms are a bit rusty but don't really influence the handling\ride which is very good at the moment and top of that my NA engine runs very well, even though the car is a little bit slow for my taste.

Wish i could do both but i'll have to make a pick sooner or later :D

I really don't know what the next year has installed for me mate. It's going either a NA-TT swap or a K-Sport brake conversion, exhaust replacement, suspension refresh job. Lately i'm thinking about the second option. My J-Spec brakes don't behave very well, lower suspension arms are a bit rusty but don't really influence the handling\ride which is very good at the moment and top of that my NA engine runs very well, though the car is a little bit slow for my taste.

Wish i could do both but i'll have to make a pick sooner of later :D

I'm in exactly the same boat. Just about to buy some CW suspension, then I think it's big brakes and then a VVTi 1JZ conversion for me.

I'm in exactly the same boat. Just about to buy some CW suspension, then I think it's big brakes and then a VVTi 1JZ conversion for me.

I think this is the best and most logical route to take. Brakes and suspension then engine conversion. Even though the prospect of more power and a turbo engine is very tempting i must say :D

I'm also thinking of getting a 2JZ-GTE engine and slowly rebuild it with OEM parts all next year. I've said it, i need to drive a Twin Turbo Supra until 2012 lol