The mkiv Supra Owners Club

TSS sprint setup

dr_jekyll

hi gentlemen, and the few ladies .

I have decided i will enter the toyota sprint series for the 2011 season.

Because my car has an aftermarket turbo (garrett na-t) the car will be classed as an a1 car. this means apart from being the slowest car in the catagory by a mile it will need to meet strickter safty regulations .

so in this thread i will be looking to a few of you more experienced guy for some hints and help on setting up the car and getting the best from it , and myhself :)

the main thing i will need to do in order to get the car legal to compete are as follows;

aproved race seat and harness

full roll cage , fit for purpose

FIA approved engine kill switch in compartment and on scuttle panel

in car fire extinguisher.

, the interior is stripped and i have the seats , harness and i have just orderd the cusco 6 point cage.

i will add pics as i go for anybody that is interested and if possible ill get i nice big mkiv owners club sticker on the car when its ready to go :)

aditionally i will have pleant of space on the car for any traders that might want me to advertise for them :) i wouldnt ask for any sponsorship money or expect anything as im no professional , but if you send the stickers ill get them on the car and who knows where it might end up in pics ;)

i know its only a small series and many will see it as not much , but i have allways dream of doing some sort of motorspoirt and never thaught i would be able too so for me this is a big deal and im verry exited, even though i know with this engine i wont be competetive at the top. but thats something to worry about for another day , im just happy im actaully trying toi do it instead of just dreaming .

wish me luck

craig

• Replies 116
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

hi again guys.

so my fia spec seats are in fixed position on custom subframes and are perfect :) obviously theyl be comeing back out when the cage arrives.

fire extinguisher has been orderd so all i need now is the f.i.a approved kill switch and isolator. i was looking at a few and the prices vary alot , could anybody shed some light on the most cost friendly fia aproved kit, it needs to have 2 switches, 1 on the dashy and 1 on the scuttle pannel , i was looking at wez's caertech system but its a bit hot for my pocket, if i can fdind something a bit cheaper thats up to spec that would be great ,

all help apriciated as ever

You don't need two separate switches buddy. The usual set-up is to have the kill switch mounted on the dash within reach when you are fully strapped in. A pull cable is then run from the scuttle panel, into the cabin, through the dash and is fixed to the switch "key".

It's the same idea for a mechanical fire extinguisher if you want it to be operational from outside the car. Which is always a good idea.

Something like this is probably ideal.

http://www.electricalcarservices.com/images/Battery%20Isolator%20Switch%20009.jpg

http://www.electricalcarservices.com/battery-isolator-switch-fia-with-resistor-ecs-rsk596-p-434.html

If it doesn't upset your plans and it's right for the job I'd like to treat you to the above as a thank you for your recent good deed.:)

lovely offer mate but i couldnt expect you to buy me one.

Craig, from my initial inspection of the parts you donated to my cause I think you have saved me time and money I could ill-afford mate.

This way I get to say thanks and help you out with your project.

When I spotted your wanted thread and wishlist I was going to do this without you knowing anything about it but I might as well know I'm getting you something that you actually want.

Please accept mate, it's the least I can do for you.