The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Lo/hi imp injectors question

hodge

This may be a stupid question but I'm curious really.

If I were to fire a car with lo-imp injectors without using a resistor pack what would be the consequence. Would it fry the injectors, they just wouldn't work what.

Like I said just curiosity really as I'm at work n bored out of my mind lol.

Thanks

John

Interesting because i changed my injectors when i went hybrid, and the where Denso 540cc that had been used in a car that was

tuned in Japan by a well known tuning company, i was lold the they where high impedance, so i fitted them to my Supra, they where controlled by an EMU, had no problems other than i always found the idle a bit lumpy at times,

Put this down to other things, however after going single for some reason i tested them, and found they where low impedance, not as low as the UK injectors, but still low, so i made up a resistor pack and connected it up, and nothing really seemed to change, i thought for a while that it had cleared up my slightly lumpy idle, but in reality it hadn't, however the injectors and ECU are still functioning AFAIK, and i don't think the new owner changed them.

So was it the EMU that was taking care of the resistance change, without causing problems do you think?