The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Back from mapping session at AET

jevansio

After fitting my HKS 280 cams my map was all over the place. I booked in with Andy Nicholls at AET Turbos, and have just come home.

Results are 650 bhp @ the hubs (running 1.5 BAR) approx 525 ft/lbs max torque (at hubs)

Really pleased with the service I got, both Andy's @ AET were great and made me feel right at home.

It was a bit too wet to give it some on the way home, & I've got gout again and my foot is killing so I didn't want to risk anything

Started to develop a missfire as we passed 7.4k, I think now is the time to invest in some new coils rather than buying 2nd hand ones.

Also what are you guys thoughts on my rpm where power starts to drop off (considering I'm running 280s), is that a bit low (7k), is it down to running a T67 and not a larger turbo, or maybe my attempt at reducing overlap to get a better idle by retarding intake & advancing exhaust by a fair few degrees?

attachment.php?attachmentid=123220&stc=1&d=1290187555

attachment.php?attachmentid=123221&stc=1&d=1290187555

IMG_5910 AET AndyNic 1.6 Bar 650rhhp.jpg

IMG_5911 AET AndyNic 1.6 Bar 650rhhp.jpg

Good chaps down there aren't they, top blokes and a good dyno to.

I gained quite a bit of power and torque when we started messing around with the cam timing, cant remember what we ended up with, I'd have to check but it would be different for your car anyway. Best bet is to spend some time at the dyno with it and see what you can get.

Curve looks good Jay. Great result

What flywheel figure does that give? .. 750?

No idea mate, they don't give flywheel figures, all you get is what the dyno measured at the hub. I'm more interested in it performing on the road, if it can beat my previous best 30-130 time then it has done it's job,

Is the head ported j?

No, I've read many times that porting the head is never going to release much bhp, it's something you'd do when you're after every scrap of power

Good result, not good with the gout, ive just had a flareup again in my left foot this time, worst ever , couldnt walk, drive or anything:(

Tell me about it, it came Tuesday (after a heavy drinking session last weekend), seemed to get better Thursday, but is back with a vengence today. I have to crawl upstairs on my knees as I can't put any weight on it :D

Looks good mate, my graph does the same thing, power drops after 6800rpm on mine, i think its valve flutter, springs are to light, ive gone double springs now, ill let you know if that changes my graph.

Will look forward to your findings bud :) I think in the meantime I'll concentrate on things like the missfire & spurious cam timing

As we had to abort on SRR, (295's and arch issues) I never had a print out to compare, but as I recall I had no drop off, with HKS 280's with dual springs. Ryan may be able to confirm. Looking good though.

Cheers Phil, I was just wondering if the 67mm turbo was to blame (ie do many 67's keep on making power past 7k), or if I have an underlying issue

Good chaps down there aren't they, top blokes and a good dyno to.

I gained quite a bit of power and torque when we started messing around with the cam timing, cant remember what we ended up with, I'd have to check but it would be different for your car anyway. Best bet is to spend some time at the dyno with it and see what you can get.

They certainly were, it's a very conveinient place for me with a great dyno & great lads to boot. Will hopefully be going back for a tweak once I get some of the niggles sorted out

Oh and I think it'll be your turbo. I had HKS 280s with a GT42RS and the power was still going skyward at 8500rpm!

Can you remember if Steve's car made more power after 7k with the GT4088R? I'll have a look through his thread, but if you have a link to a dyno sheet which isn't posted I'd appreciate it :)

Oh and I think it'll be your turbo. I had HKS 280s with a GT42RS and the power was still going skyward at 8500rpm!

I found Steve's graph, seems his peaks at just over 7k too with the HKS 280's & GT4088R

http://www.mkivsupra.net/vbb/showthread.php?177142-SteveL-s-(Garage-Whifbitz)-Supra-race-car-build

Maybe mine is normal then, I think I'll get the missfire sorted first :)

I found Steve's graph, seems his peaks at just over 7k too with the HKS 280's & GT4088R

http://www.mkivsupra.net/vbb/showthread.php?177142-SteveL-s-(Garage-Whifbitz)-Supra-race-car-build

Maybe mine is normal then, I think I'll get the missfire sorted first :)

You might gain some though with the cam timing. We gained 70bhp on my car by adjusting one of them by 2 degrees!

No idea mate, they don't give flywheel figures, all you get is what the dyno measured at the hub. I'm more interested in it performing on the road, if it can beat my previous best 30-130 time then it has done it's job,

You're right. ;)

What was your last 30-130 time? (any video of it)? :D