The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Remapping The Supra

gurnam

Hi guys,

Just thought I'd put a thread up on here about what routes I can take as I've been on some traders sites such as Whifbitz and the ECU's are well over £1k.

I was thinking of buying a PFC but I can't find anyone who sells it for a Supra.

My budget for an aftermarket mappable ECU is £600 max.

What options do I have?

I'll only be using it for mapping a BPU JDM 6sp MKIV with hybrids. Don't think it'll be used for anything else.

I understand I'll need bigger injectors to get the most out of my setup and am already looking into that before anyone mentions it.

• 1 month later...
If you have plans on going single mate dont get an EMU! I'm running one on mine and it's been a pig to control fuel... I dont think Ryan will map EMU cars anymore tbh

Good luck

Nothing wrong with an EMU with a single, mine was and still is fine, and making even more power, granted there have been a few Chinese fakes about, but otherwise they are very capable.

My EMU is still going strong as well :shrug: They are a powerful beast. What's wrong with your fuelling ADD?

1-The car takes forever to start + blue smoke 2- you can't use half throttle when turbo comes on line as AFR's go down to 10 and car hesitates badly.

Ryan has had it back and reckons that it's that the emu isn't controlling fuel well..... Running 650cc's

As Ian will know with the sard 650cc injectors with the emu you need to add fuel to the cell which the emu sits in during cranking to make sure it fires good when hot but when its cold its dumps alot of extra fuel in cranking! But not enough to cause blue smoke

Not sure what goes on with half throttle as even with the 4d mapping that i setup on the dyno it still hesitates on the road.

Good old piggybacks !!

I can remember when my avatar was "dont do piggybacks"

Ryan