The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Liverpool Victoria

V

Just tried to get insurance from these guys.

Was on the phone for ages and the guy went off to check and they only do a Auto TT for imports.

Can any one confirm if this seems to be correct? otherwise i'm back with Tesco's.

Regards

Stephen V

Their system has holes and they can't get around it - the MR2 chaps have the same issues - UK Autos can get quotes but their system doesn't list a J-Spec Auto despite the cars being 99% identical.

However from previous LV threads it could just be a case of speaking to someone else, getting quotes from them seems to be a lottery!

If the monkey can't find the right button to press then the monkey doesn't get a banana.

Insurance companies do seem to employee monkeys - no offence to people working in insurance.

Got a cheaper quote from Alen & Alen :conf: :conf: :conf:

Bell Direct transfered me to them - down to £700 all in.

Cheers

SV

My current car is insured by Liverpool Victoria (its a celica ST202 import). The Supra's due at the end of July.

I was recently (about 8 months ago) on the inside of a lorry when it made a left hand turn and shunted me of the road. They still haven't found the lorry (which drove off) despite this happening on Hammersmith Broadway which is swarming with CCTV and my giving them the registration, so I have had to fork out the excess for the repairs which were really poor quality (I'm still arguing with them about that.

I would steer clear of them if I were you.

Here's a picture of the original damage if you fancy a laugh:

http://babylon-sl.com/celica/1.jpg

Well I called LV for a quote got all the way through it and the guy who in another thread I was told to specifically ask for (that incidentally lives 1 street over from me and has seen my car on many an occasion) informed me they wouldn't insure my spouse on that car until she was 30. Oh well I thought never mind. She called them herself and was quoted no problems. She called back to verify the quote and it transpired despite several times asking them to ensure they were quoting her for her car model they had quoted her for a MK3 and that indeed they didn't even have an SZ auto on the box or even the N/A import auto. What a load of cack. I think we ended up with Norwich Union but only untill I do the transplant when I am going to have to find yet another policy to cover that mod..

the mysteries of insurance continues.

I use to insure my Prelude import with NUD but changed to Tescos for a year, then got the Supe. I ask NUD for a quote and they said they dont insure imports. I disputed that because you insured my Prelude. They went off to check and said, oh yes we did, didnt we. She went off to check again and said they wouldnt do imports now.

It still seems to depend on absolutly nothing if you get a proper quote or not.

Ended up at £690 including mods.

Regards

Sv