The mkiv Supra Owners Club

2nd Hand Value Advice!

Guest The Flash

Guest The Flash

Hi all

Thought would see if I could get some help from people that should know....

I have been (reluctantly) trying to sell the Supe now for over 5 weeks, and so far I have had only one person reply to the ad - and he pulled out because he bought a house!!!

Obviously, have had the "cant fail" calls from Car Data et al, but I wont get started on them.

I have now dropped the price, but from looking around I feel it was originally set at a reasonable level!

I will try and attach the ad - can anyone spot a glaring error, or reason why the response has been so poor? Am not trying to fleece anyone - so if I have to drop it again for the sale it wont cause much of a problem - but I dont want to give it away!

Cheers

Flash

ps In case the attachement doesnt work.... 95 TT 'J' Auto, FSH, 11 Mth MOT / Tax - Leather etc, 75k, Now priced £9,600 !!

:cool:

Guest The Flash

Your ad reads

1995 TOYOTA SUPRA 3dr Auto, 1995, 78000 miles, JSpec Twin Turbo, 300 Bhp, Blue, Full Leather, A/C, Electric Pack - E/W E/M D/Seat, Cat 1 Alarm, FSH, 10 Mth Tax, New Tyres/BPads, Immaculate Bodywork, STRICTLY No Canvassers. . . . .

I know Autotrader take the first bit from the log book details but personally, if possible, I'd word it in the following way

Toyota Supra Twin Turbo, Automatic, 1995, (Storm) Blue, (colour) Leather seats, electric windows/mirrors/seat, Cat 1 alarm, new tyres/brakes, 78000 miles, FSH, long tax/MoT, Immaculate condition, ONLY £9750

You need to mention the turbo early to get it to show up on the Autotrader search. The mileage isn't low, so don't lead with it.

£9600 screams you'll easily take £9500, maybe less. £9750 still says £9500 but the buyer feels he's got a better deal knocking you down there. Obviously the lower you're willing to take, the better deal he feels he's got.

I don't think its priced badly, but there are a lot of cars about at the moment and, as always, the correct price is the one that someone is willing to pay.

Good luck with the sale.

If you get stuck with it I'll take it off your hands for 5 grand :D

Guest The Flash

Cheers Geoff - good advice.

The £9,600 was a real "off the top of the head" figure while on the phone. I had it in for £9,995 originally.

Think it is too late to change the ad for this week, but will see if anything comes from it. Hopefully goes into Top Marques as well!

I may end up taking the £5k:D

Yeah, Geoff's reads much better. Forget the '3 door' bit (obvious), forget the 'J spec' bit (people who want a Supra won't care, people who don't know about them will just be confused or will be scared off by the thought of an import), and as mentioned get the Twin Turbo bit moved to the front.

Dont mention the 300bhp, people might think it has been modded and not bother, if they read up on them they will know anyway the power figures etc, but other than that what geoff says is spot on :)

The market is slow now though, i have just sold mine but a lot more are coming on the market and not sure why really, and dealers cant wait to sell you something (not that this is unusual) at a rediculous price , well down here anyway, or maybe they just love me :p

agree with these guy always keep it breif let them get intrested any one that wants a car like this will have read up and know a bit about them so no need to quote j spec uk spec etc

its a very nice car with lusted after extras and colour just be patient and you will get the asking price its worth every penny

good luck mate and i hope you will be getting another one..............:)

I think the main thing is that its an older car and quite expensive for an older car (not for a supra but still a lot of money if you get my drift). As its private sale there is less come back etc etc. So its a case of waiting for the right buyer really. I sold a car on behalf of a mate of mine and it took a while as it was a bit different ie yellow audi A3 T sport. Not a sniff for ages or a lot of timewasters then a guy came and almost ripped my arm off for it. He knew what he wanted asked all the right questions about the car and had done his sum's and knew I was selling it cheap. You will find a buyer like that its just a case of sitting it out.

could I suggest sticking it on ebay ? I have sold 3 cars on there and all fetched top money - the mazda I sold fetched £600 more than I paid for it 6 months ago !

With ebay you can control reserve prices and monitor things better and also your listing can be as long as you want.

You can add pictures to your hearts content and make your ad very attractive,you should get a very big hit rate on there too as I did when I sold the old lude/mazda etc....

Price wise it cost me £40 but this included a "featured" listing which means when people search for "supra" your ad appears at the top of the search page.:thumbs: