The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Supra Traction Questions

Guest Robo69

Hello

me posting more questions which might sound silly.

a very nice man on here messaged me about the sale of his supra (not 100% yet as were still talking) wont say his name as i want first dibs

anyway i wanted to get an evo before i saw the supra because of the 4wd system i have £14,000 to spend tops as insurance is a fair bit to so i know i could have got a nice evo for that which would have been very quick but i prefer the look of the supra so decided to leave the evo and get one

i drifted then sorry

but with over 500bhp in a supra does traction become an issue and what are the best ways of overcoming it (not drag tyres etc) as it will be a road car.

im not saying the car im looking at isnt set up correctly im just asking a general question really

thankyou

Not pressing the peddle as hard. It's not rocket science :) if your pressing the pedal hard enough to get traction problems in the wet your driving like a tool and your going to crash. :). Any supra with maybe the exception of the na auto will have traction problems in the wet if you floor it.

RLTC perhaps

Turn the boost down a bit and drive smoothly, burying the throttle in the carpet on a stock tt will get you in trouble no matter what tyres you've got, if you have 500 hp then it will swap ends very quickly

Getting the geo checked would also be a good idea unless its been done.

Edited by Dnk (see edit history)

Good tyres, good suspension setup, good throttle control, good car control and RLTC helps.

Learning to drive a high powered rear wheel drive car takes time and respect, it's easy to get it very wrong, but once you get to know the car and it's limits there's no better feeling.

Edited by Nic (see edit history)

Good tyres, good suspension setup, good throttle control, good car control and RLTC helps.

Learning to drive a high powered rear wheel drive car takes time and respect, it's easy to get it very wrong, but once you get to know the car and it's limits there's no better feeling.

I agree. Any car can be driven in any condition as long as you plan your route and be extremely cautious.

I got stuck on a hill last year in my Golf because I decided to take a stupid route home.

goes with out saying taking it easy i was just on about normal driving.

i like this forum not full of idiots like others saying shit that doesnt need to be said

i will have a look for tyres thanks