The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Latest reply

Dnk

This is the latest reply to my Piston Heads advert for my supra :blink:

I was first asked do i have all the original parts and when can the car be viewed, i said no i dont have the original parts and the car can be viewed on Wednesday if you call me when your on route.

The reply below.

Great

But if everything is ok i can back

With?

Any bills? History...

How much r u paid for ur insurance car?

Cause i need a copy of v5 for my insurance.

Uk spec? Owners?

Have they actually read the advert and looked at the pictures :blink:

Think im about to remove it from sale again as this is the normal enquiry i get.

God help us

This is the latest reply to my Piston Heads advert for my supra :blink:

I was first asked do i have all the original parts and when can the car be viewed, i said no i dont have the original parts and the car can be viewed on Wednesday if you call me when your on route.

The reply below.

Great

But if everything is ok i can back

With?

Any bills? History...

How much r u paid for ur insurance car?

Cause i need a copy of v5 for my insurance.

Uk spec? Owners?

Have they actually read the advert and looked at the pictures :blink:

Think im about to remove it from sale again as this is the normal enquiry i get.

God help us

Sounds like a scammer. You do not need the V5 for the insurance, just the reg no.

H.

I'm guessing it's a foreign buyer. Probably.

Check out my advert here in the classifieds, its the same as on piston heads so is quite obviously a uk car and with lots of bills and history !!

How do i deal with this scammer if it is ofcourse

The buyer is supposedly from Kingston and has also sent me their mob number.

I'll leave them to it i think as the advert i placed quite clearly says what the car is and shows lots of history with bills etc etc

Kingston, Jamaica? I wouldn't trust them, almost as bad as the Nigerians... :D

Kingston, Jamaica? I wouldn't trust them, almost as bad as the Nigerians... :D

On Thames i thought, doubt they'd be interested in scamming my car surely

I've politely told him that the car goes nowhere until the cash is deposited in my account and that the car isnt kept at the registered address.

Edited by Dnk (see edit history)

I'd tread carefully.

Had similar uneasiness when I sold an old 1996 Honda Accord to some Russians. I was on my own and there were three of them - built like the proverbial poohhouse and wearing black suits and shades (Really - they were!)

I half expected them to ask me to climb into the boot so they could test it for size......#

Although - he could be very genuine!

Well he's just pulled out when i suggested

bring cash with you then check the car out, if your happy we can pay the cash into my account and you get the v5 then call your insurance job done.

He said he's not a thief and needs a copy of the v5 as he cant insure the car without it, then, good luck selling the car.

Also said he's a forum member !!

Strange as i cant see why you'd insure a car you've not even seen or agreed a deal on !!

oh well

Edited by Dnk (see edit history)

Well he's just pulled out when i suggested

bring cash with you then check the car out, if your happy we can pay the cash into my account and you get the v5 then call your insurance job done.

He said he's not a thief and needs a copy of the v5 as he cant insure the car without it, then, good luck selling the car.

Also said he's a forum member !!

Strange as i cant see why you'd insure a car you've not even seen or agreed a deal on !!

oh well

When I got my supra i met Kev A up in Darlington to pick it up, hadn't ever seen it....i sorted my insurance out so i could drive it home, also kept my old car covered for the day after incase it did'nt work out.....luckily I got a great car!

When I got my supra i met Kev A up in Darlington to pick it up, hadn't ever seen it....i sorted my insurance out so i could drive it home, also kept my old car covered for the day after incase it did'nt work out.....luckily I got a great car!

I also took my missus.............for protection...

I can phone my insurance and get cover over the phone there and then which is what i suggested he did, all he had to do was come up here in the week and during office hours, this is on a £13k deal which i wouldnt mess around with and take chances on.