The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Stage 2: Dyno run testing new AAS goodies...

neo2810

Well, finally shoved my car onto a dyno today to see whether the £1k was well spent and here are the results.

For those of you who haven't been following, I bought a pretty stock NA 6 months ago and have just had AAS in Newcastle fit a new custom manifold, double decat, custom backbox, custom induction arm and filter.

I was given a spot in the queue at short notice so the car went on almost completely cold, and these are the results, which I'm fairly pleased with. The car is 17 years old so I can't imagine it was pushing the full 225bhp an NA is supposed to have when it leaves the factory so the extra's have added at least 30bhp imo.

Ended on 246bhp @ 6,249rpm (I get redline at just over 7k rpm so not sure why they didn't push a little more?)

Anyway, that's good enough for me for now. :innocent:

IMG_0318.jpg

IMG_0316.jpg

I get redline at just over 7k rpm so not sure why they didn't push a little more?:

It had already peaked so not a great deal of point in continuing to push it, although it would have been reasonably interesting to let it continue a little to see how quickly it dropped off, which would give you some indication of whether it's worth changing gear a little earlier or not.

Sounds like a nice result there matey.

I dynod at 203 last year with just a blitz NUR spec R, as soon as my mani is fitted i will re dyno and see what i get but im sure i will be atleast 20 odd hp down on yours.

Cheers Neil, good to hear an almost stock dyno result. That makes me feel like the money was well spent :)

Ah, because Motorscope's is a pretend one :lol:

More to the point it gives a comparison as a lot of the guys use SRR and all dyno's, meaning makes and style, will give diff figures, for example a Maha will give a diff reading and a DynaPack hub dyno very different again, Neil needs to get his dynoed on the same dyno as yours for a comparrison. Any dyno dynamics thats calibrated should read the same, for example at around 550 our dyno and SRR are only a couple of hp diff.

It doesn't matter just keep using the same dyno and operator now and you will see any improvement, but to compare to other NA's that have been tunesd and run at SRR you need to get a run on a DynoDynamics, but like I said thats just for willy waving, if you are happy with the car thats what matters.

I am sure this has been asked before but does it make any difference what gear you do a run in, i notice yours was done in 4th where as mine was done in 5th (not very nice when you are sat in the car hitting the limiter in 5th and they havn't even strapped the car down)

I am sure this has been asked before but does it make any difference what gear you do a run in, i notice yours was done in 4th where as mine was done in 5th (not very nice when you are sat in the car hitting the limiter in 5th and they havn't even strapped the car down)

Yeah it matters what gear youre in, ideally it should be a 1:1 ratio which for a 5 speed box is 4th and a 6 speeder is 5th. There was another thread about it recently :)

nice figure but to be fair even if you went srr the n/a bashers would prob say it was reading high that day lol whats next on the mod list?

and neil next time you go rolling road give me a shout ill put mine on as well see what my mods do lol

I wouldnt go back to where i went mate, think i posted it before but they didnt even strap the car down, just placed some block type thing infront of one of the wheels, didnt have a fan blowing air and TBH didnt really explain anything to me, i'm going to try at TDI North or just head down to SRR one day.

Yeah it matters what gear youre in, ideally it should be a 1:1 ratio which for a 5 speed box is 4th and a 6 speeder is 5th. There was another thread about it recently :)

Ahh i thought i read that somewhere too, but what actual difference would it make, i did google it once but cant even remember what i read :(