The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Thorney island near Portsmouth

SUPRACHRIS

There is an event on the 18th of July (sunday), which includes track events, hot rods and all sorts. thought this sounded quite good so i am going, this is what it includes as well

Trade stalls plus caterers (food umm)

Quarter mile with road/race cars and motorbikes

maequee entertainment and a cheap bar :D

just thought if any of you were up for it :cool:

£5 entry fee by the way for adults and children are £2

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Is it not the big american show? If so it will be crowded and you wont get anywhere near the track time we got last year.

Id love to goto another RYUB event there as its just down the road, but last time I looks Straightliners who ran the event we went to had no events listed at thorny Island.

I did mail them but with very little response. Perhaps all interested parties should mail them.

Originally posted by JohnK

Id love to goto another RYUB event there as its just down the road, but last time I looks Straightliners who ran the event we went to had no events listed at thorny Island.

It is being run by Straightliners again AND it's the Sat and Sunday! , I just checked their web site.

from http://www.straightliners.co.uk/rwyb.htm

Date Location and Event

17th/18th July Thorny Island RWUB

Originally posted by Mad Ad

The event sounds good but waiting around for ages to get in doesn't! :sly:

Waiting to get in? Do you mean to race? It will be loads better than you'll get at any of the main drag strips like Santa Pod. I think John is trying to put off too many folks going or something :) That's a shame because it was really good last time.

I'm going, my mate from work has a rod that he's taking, and I'm in Nottingham next week and planning to drive down with my mate on Friday 16th who has a trans am I think! Should be a nice cruise!

Not 1/4 miling though.

Haven't the last 6 times I've been!!!!

Mind you I had an MG then!! And they didn't do it when it was on Hayling!

Don't you have to register and make your car ready though? I don't have the overflow tank and fire extinguisher and stuff that you need!!!

I'll go to pod one day. I'm still unmodded now so it's pretty pointles. I'd rather wait till I know the car a bit better as well.

Originally posted by tbourner

Don't you have to register and make your car ready though? I don't have the overflow tank and fire extinguisher and stuff that you need!!!

I don't think so. I was on my Fireblade last time though. There was one bloke turned up in his company van and even he had a go, so I can't see there being much in the way of equipment checks.

As already mentioned, they allow passengers and Cars vs Bikes races.

Isn't there armed check points there still? I remember a few years ago going there and having the vehicle checked over by soldiers with shooters! Should be good to go up there thou so should be able to make it if its sunday.:thumbs:

Originally posted by Jake

Why not? You'll regret it once you get there.

I think it's mainly cos I'm not used to the car, I'd end up making a tit of myself dropping 3rd or something silly!!

Maybe next year!! Or at pod some time.

There is a big american show with drag racing held there once a year, it might have already happened in June, I cant remember exactly when it is.

If its like last year I recomend to anyone on this board to go, you get loads of track time with hardly any ques.

Unfortunatly I cant make that date :(:(:( the week after im of round northern europe in the supe and I cant afford to break it a week before!

Originally posted by JohnK

Unfortunatly I cant make that date :(:(:( the week after im of round northern europe in the supe and I cant afford to break it a week before!

Bummer :(

Looks like there won't be so many Supras there this time, just me and SUPRACHRIS to uphold the honour the BBS :D

Originally posted by Jake

Bummer :(

Looks like there won't be so many Supras there this time, just me and SUPRACHRIS to uphold the honour the BBS :D

Which day you going Jake? I think I could make a trip down the road. Might have a little run too.

edit: forgot to say saturday is better for me, then I can work sunday (double time;) )

Originally posted by Timwildman

Which day you going Jake? I think I could make a trip down the road. Might have a little run too.

I was going to go on the Sunday. I might even do Saturday as well or maybe just pop down there to check it out. It's only a few minutes away from here.