The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Need Supra Advice

Guest Robo69

Hello

I made a post a few weeks ago about getting a supra in january.

im still thinking as i want a 500bhp+ single but still use it everyday (snow, rain etc)

i need advice on is this a good idea, dont do it etc as im really stuck i really want one but will it be a bad idea

thanks

I have been using one to commute everyday and the weather has been biblical, which means traffic jams detours and generally not nice conditions, the sup lapped it up in comfort and warmth, its around 550 hp auto with RLTC and she never misses a beat even when having to deal with fast 'Oh my God get of the way Im late you stupid woman' overtakes, yes I prefer my Range Rover to commute in but im lucky enough to have a range of different vehicles.

The Supra is very useable this single has a lovely quiet exhaust and plumbed in WG, it has a cast manifold and GT35 BB turbo it spools quick and makes plenty enough power for the road, remeber this if you want a car to commute in.

As Dnk said. Sure they can be driven in the snow, but your driving skill level has to be up to it or else it'll end in drama.

It certainly helps if your good behind the wheel but on a lot of occaisions you just slide and theres not a lot you can do about it, ice under the snow is the biggest drama and a mkiv tt then is a total waste of time, my biggest fear though was someone else crashing into me.

As said above, it won't matter whether you have NA/TT/Single, snow will be the death of the car one way or another. Although, why are you worrying about such a big decision and considering a few days of bad weather compared to the usual rain and generally cloudy weather.

I would just go for it and worry about the conditions on the day. That said, I have different vehicles I can use and maybe not go out at all if the weather is kack.

H.

Hello

I made a post a few weeks ago about getting a supra in january.

im still thinking as i want a 500bhp+ single but still use it everyday (snow, rain etc)

i need advice on is this a good idea, dont do it etc as im really stuck i really want one but will it be a bad idea

thanks

mine is and has always been a daily driver, thats how i spec'd up the build and it has delivered much more than i expected.

i drive it all year round, dry, wet, snow - whatever. obviously you need to drive to the conditions however the car hasnt let me down ever.

imi

Thanks Guys you may have just sealed the deal with them comments

do you recon i can get a 500bhp+ 6 speed manual for £12,000 as i really dont want to be spending silly amounts of money

thanks