The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Threaded flanged nut help

evinX

Hi all, i have a nut on a bracket that holds the passenger side front wing on, the bracket is behind the wing and welded to the chassis, a bolt goes through the wing and into the bolt that is flanged to the bracket.

Now my problem is that, the nut is all threaded and was drilled out so a friend could weld a new m6 nut on the back of the old one for me, it never got done so now im left with a shaky wing. Anyone got any ideas on how i can get this new nut stuck ont he back of the old one? i was thinking about using a blow torch with flux rods? but theres so many kinds i dont know which one to use! any ideas would be good, needs to be stuck on strong enough so the new longer bolt and tighten onto it, without it dropping of!

the red nut at the bottom is the new nut that i want to stick to the red face of the old threaded nut.

pic attached, Kev:)

Untitledn.jpg

How about one of these babies? Quite expensive once you add the price of the necessary tool, but they seem to otherwise meet your needs.

I can recommend the company too, I've had very good service from them.

SWEET! those will do the job, i can get the rivgun and m6 nuts of ebay, i saw some epoxy stuff called jb weld, but will go for rivets or resins anyday as they are garunteed to hold:D thanks andy