The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Greddy gauges

Nick

Tough to see cause of the glare, sorry. :(

I do really like them though. I wanted to keep the stock black dials and green lighting, so its perfect. Looks great at night. The green lighting isnt that obtrusive as some of the white I have seen.

Thanks for the pic, they do look good :thumbs:

At the moment I've got HKS boost and EGT gauges in white as when I bought them I wanted to get white dials. A quality kit still isn't available and I've gone off the idea now, thinking about selling the two gauges and replacing them with the Greddy's, maybe get a third gauge in the right hand air vent. I want the dash to look as std as possible and the Greddy's are as close as I can find to stock design.

Guest Terry S

Nick all the gauges in the purple car were those. The EGT's seem to lose probe tips though mate.

Apart from that I was very happy with them.

Originally posted by Terry S

Nick all the gauges in the purple car were those. The EGT's seem to lose probe tips though mate.

At what temps!? I would think a guage that can measure 1200C should be able to withstand at least just that! Your Supe shouldnt put out anything more than 1000C on the high side.

Thanks Supraguy, appreciate that :)

I haven't seen how the guages are wired at the back of the unit so this may be a daft question.... I don't suppose the wiring/EGT probe etc are compatible? I.e. could I disconnect the HKS gauge and plug in/connect the Greddy? Expect the answer is no...:music:

Originally posted by Terry S

It didn't! But my car melted a probe and so has Food Freaks

Did you take it up with Greddy? I would call it a manufacturer defect and tell them you want a probe than can withstand what their guages claim to read.

Guest Terry S
Originally posted by Supraguy

Did you take it up with Greddy? I would call it a manufacturer defect and tell them you want a probe than can withstand what their guages claim to read.

No mate, it was over a year old and I just got another probe