The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Kanoo runs 7.83 in Bahrain

nero

Congratulations to EK, he's done a great job with the car and the team is top notch. I'm thrilled to just have been a part of it.

Press Release below

Sahkir, Bahrain - Ebrahim Kanoo ran a personal best elapsed time during Bahrain National Drag Racing Championship's Test and Tune event at the Bahrain International Circuit when his Supra stopped the clocks with a 7.839 at 292.96 kmh. The run was a full tenth better than his previous best of 7.96 which he set during the BDRC's Round 1 event three weeks ago, when Kanoo used back to back 7.96 and 7.97 elapsed times to win the event.

"I am really happy that we got a good time tonight at BIC," said Kanoo. "I have put a considerable effort into my Supra and now it is not only the quickest in the Kingdom but one the quickest in all of the Middle East as well. Hopefully now we do well in this Round and get more points for the championship."

Kanoo is the reigning champion for the BDRC Outlaw 6 Cylinder category with his white turbocharged and nitrous oxide injected Supra which features a MoTeC engine management system and tuning by Shane Tecklenburg of the United States. The vehicle uses a Titan Motorsports 183 cubic inch engine with a Precision Turbo Pro Mod 90 turbocharger coupled to a TH400 automatic transmission and stock supra drivetrain to a pair of 28" by 10.5" width slicks and weighs in at 3150 pounds with Kanoo on the start line.

"I am so proud to be a part of this team for the past 4 seasons," said Tecklenburg. "We worked tirelessly together to get this car where it is and even though I am tuning the car remotely from the states over the internet right now, I feel like I am right there standing with the rest of the team on the starting line when they run."

Kanoo and the other competitors in Round 2 of the BDRC 10/11 Championship will take to the track for qualifying on Thursday November 11, at 7:00pm Bahrain time.