The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Help!

Guest nish_supra??

Guest nish_supra??

Hi guys, i'm planning on buying a supe this weekend but being a noob a few questions are imminent!

Ok, there is one car i really like but the owner is unsure if its had any engine mods done. And me being a noob can't really tell from a picture.

So long story short, could you guys please take a look at this pic and tell me if you can see anything obvious?

Thanks alot!

engine.jpg

my 2p - i think it is extremely difficult to tell from just looking at that pic. it looks relatively stock but the addition on that cross-brace makes me think the previous owner MAY have had a slight tinker. this does not mean it isn't bone stock (it may just be the strut!) but like i said - very difficult to tell mate. :)

HTH

Guest nish_supra??

Thanks, i understand it is difficult to tell but not really having a clue what a standard engine looks like i just wanted to make sure it doesn't have a big single turbo strapped on or something like that!

The car was produced by Razo and has a "tuned by RAZO" badge in the engine bay (i'm trusting you guys not to buy this before me!!).

The owner has only had it a few months and really isn't sure whats been done to it at all.

Has anyone heard of Razo? Do they mainly do exterior mods or are they hardcore tuners?

Not sure if i should take the risk and buy it without actually knowing whats been done to it.

Any opinions?

it does look very standard, standard airbox/filter no sign at a glance of an aftermarket BOV, does it have a boost gauge?

What exhaust does it have and is it decatted (probably not now fully, to get through MOT but it may have been prior to import?)

Its says it has history, it will be jap but you may be able to a least decipher the dates with some work.

Don't Razo do 'pedals'? never heard of any engine performance/tuning stuff from them (doesn't mean there isn't any!)

Have you driven it, if so how far and what did it feel like..........

The supra engine bay looks completely standard from the angle it was taken from.. obvious checks would be to see if someone has installed a boost controller, or bleed valve, then check the passenger footwell where the ECU is and see if someone has been messing around in there..

as far as i know - RAZO make cosmetic effects for cars but nothing in the mods scene. like i said, it looks fairly stock aside from the brace. look at these sites for their products ...

http://www.sounddomain.com/shopbrand/RAZO

http://www.allperformanceparts.com/razo.html

http://www.streetracingshop.com/razo.html

it also may not be a bad idea to take along a competent mechanic who knows supras to give it a once over ...

Guest nish_supra??

Cheers guys, i haven't driven it yet, would be this weekend.

I've driven a few now so i guess would be able to tell if its a fair bit quicker, i googled Razo and like you said it seems to be mainly cosmetics.

Theres no boost guage, and no boost controllers etc.

Its in the lancashire area, anybody willing to meet me there on saturday? At least a few pints in it for ya! :)