The mkiv Supra Owners Club

621bhp and 587lbft at SRR - Cast Manifold T67DBB

dandan

Well after a bit of a slow start we got to Surrey Rolling Road late morning today and met up with Ryan to see what my latest round of mods yielded. This is with a Syvecs ECU, cast manifold and Precision T67DBB (not a billet version) on stock cams at 1.7bar.

Suffice to say I am happy with the end result :D Many thanks to Ryan - top job mate, very much appreciated :thumbs:

FWHP 1.7bar.JPG

Edited by dandan (see edit history)

Yeah I'm very happy with it all, especially the monster torque figure and general bottom end grunt. It's a wide curve too so it pulls like a train in the lower revs which makes for nice driving :)

It made 569bhp before and I think it was 538lbft of torque. Since then I have added my free flowing switchable 4" exhaust, Greddy 3 row intercooler and created the airbox. The wastegate is still recirculated into the downpipe too.

The 569bhp was at 1.6bar so it's not all boost :)

I had my exhaust manifold pressure sensor plumbed into the Defi's EGT spot in the manifold so the EGT gauge wasn't connected Si; I'm not sure what sort of temps it would have been reading. However, I did have my faster acting thermocouple fitted in the other spot in the manifold and that was the one feeding back to the ECU all the time. Ryan is going to send me the logs over so I'll take a look at those temps and let you know.

Nice work Dan, cams will bring that alive, peaks about 5500rpm and stays same till rev limit.

Impressive Dan, do you have plans on changing to after market cams? Or you sticking with the stock ones?

I have given a cam change a lot of thought but am still undecided. It sure would be nice to see exactly what difference they'd make but at the moment I'll be sticking with the stockers. I like the fact that I don't really have to rev it to make really rapid progress and more revs = more wear at the end of the day and that's the main thing putting me off. I do still have the Greddy intake and Q45 throttle body sat in a box so I should fit that first - maybe a winter job :D I've also got a nice brand new BW turbo to trytoo but after today's result with the old T67 I'm not sure if I want to go with the hassle of swapping turbos and tweaking maps so that could be for sale shortly! Plus I don't think I need any more torque :)

Si; I'm not sure what sort of temps it would have been reading. However, I did have my faster acting thermocouple fitted in the other spot in the manifold and that was the one feeding back to the ECU all the time. Ryan is going to send me the logs over so I'll take a look at those temps and let you know.

Cool... Just curious how it compares to my setup.... :)

Nice result Dan, is that a UK cast manifold record?

A set of 264/264 HKS cams will net you approx 50hp, well they did on mine and that was at only 510hp, it jumped to 560hp ish if I remember correctly, but it did shift the whole power band over to the right, I would leave it as is :thumbs:

Thanks for all the comments fellas :thumbs:

Nice results :)

I can't recall, is yours a Treadstone or Arnout cast manifold?

Treadstone - but with a lot of internal modification.

Great result Dan.

Did you get any dyno vids?

My brother may have got a few vids on his phone, I'll check today.

Id forget cams personally and get a better ECU, that should see you get even more horses :)

I don't think there is anything to gain in the ECU as I have a Syvecs which already has extremely precise and fast control of the fuelling, ignition timing, and boost solenoid duty cycle. It also has very fast and sensitive knock sensing and closed loop feedback to the individual cylinder ignition timing. I'm 100% happy with the ECU and its capabilities and I reckon I'll be even more happy once I get my head around the logging functions.