The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Fan Shroud/Cover question

Steve

Steve I have just had a look on the EPC on toyodiy. I looked at a J-Spec TT manual and the fan shroud still has the small hole in it. The only difference identified was that the small fan was upgraded/altered from pre and post facelift. Will have a quick look at the GE engine to see if there is a different part number.

Standby!!

I'm confused!!

The GE engine picture shows the hole in the shroud but there is no fan assembly, it has the part number 16711-46150.

The GTE engine picture shows the hole in the shroud but there is a fan assembly, it has two part numbers 16711-46160 and 16711-46160. It lists the second fan shroud against a facelift date, this shroud is also half the price of the earlier one.

Take a look for yourself:

16711 SHROUD, FAN

16711‑46160 2JZGTE..JZA80; NO.1 1 $142.91

16711‑46170 2JZGTE..JZA80; NO.2 1 $75.04

http://www.german-proxy.de/proxy.php/Oi8vd3d3/LnRveW9k/aXkuY29t/L3BhcnRz/L2RpYWdf/MWlZZmlR/bi5wbmc_/3D/b1/

The only other thing I think the image is suggesting is that the second number is the part number for the fan bracket. Hence the cost being only half that of the main shroud?

Are you fussed about having the additional hole? If not then I will get the part number for my shroud which I have yet to put on the vehicle.