The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Clio V6

Paul Laing

Pissed all over one of ém in Belgium in my 97 VVTI :p

At 150 +, he started getting smaller in my rear view mirror .. he flashed his lights few times ... so I waited for him only to say bye again..

It turned out that he wanned to look under the hood of me soop .. i told him it was totally standard he didn´t believe me.. still he took a picture of the engine bay .. good fellow ..

Watch ém up to 90 or 100 .. they r nippy ..

;)

The early ones fall off corners but the later ones have much improved handling. Mildly quick but nothing too scary - they sound gorgeous though (but not by NuR Spec Supra standards).

Later ones are 230bhp and 0-60 in 6.3 and the 1/4 in the mid 14's

Interior is cheap and nasty and for the money you can do much better IMO.

I saw one recently with the whole of the engine cover covered in bread - that was surreal.

http://www.riesen.co.jp/NewClioV6.jpg

Originally posted by Paul Laing

Wonder how much he wants for it, thought Glen had a 22b Scooby :)

he got rid of that a while back and has ran the renault for a good few month now probably sick of the shabby french quality :)

Yea Chris is right sold the scooby and dont think he likes the new age scoobys,i'm sure he selling the v6 for a lotus one of them little crappy things to use as a track car,and yea paul i'd love to have a meet there:) mabye one saterday and if a few of the north east lads come,mabye have a drive up to thropton and through to rothbury only half an hour to a hour drive with some great little roads and a few nice pubs hell i might even spend the night there :D

Its a renault :p , look nice but a lot of money for a clio, and being a 3ltr v6 it is quick but not that quick.

5GT turbo umm, love them too not sure quite why cause it always broke down but still loved it (raider that is 1990 , toy).

150+ in a n/a supe? is there something wrong with my one or are the vvti engines better at top end?

Originally posted by SUPRACHRIS

150+ in a n/a supe? is there something wrong with my one or are the vvti engines better at top end?

If you are referring to E-rockas vvti Im pretty sure its a TT dude

As for teh clio - saw a few around - its french and unreliable :baa: Still look nice enough

Yea Chris amte .. far is right its a mean TT .. fully standard but different from the rest in looks n´original toyota gear in it.

It held well against monster TT´s like Fastisnice ´s n´others running at 400 bhp + ..

I had an NA at the same time n´it was a bad ass one too ! the France crew would comfirm that.

;)

the clio V6 is nice i reckon....even if i am still a bit bitter at the French due to the football :p

expensive though. one of them drove past me the other day, same colour as that one and i thought it looked really nice, especially considering it's a clio! :o you thinkin of gettin one paul ;) :D

agreed!yum VVTI supra :p although given the driving standards of my last couple of ladies, i wouldn't let them push a shopping trolley let alone drive on a public road! :twak: :p

(i'm not saying girls can't drive, just the girls i know can't :p)

Originally posted by SUPRACHRIS

Well put it this way what would you rather have, a 4 year old TT jap spec supra or a clio :blink: :moo: need i say more, but at least your missus can drive the clio:p