The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Brake Caliper Colour Poll

Kopite

Brembo Calipers Colour?  

24 members have voted

1. 1. Brembo Calipers Colour?

I need some help deciding what to do. I've bought Robsheffield's Brembo brake kit and the calipers are red. My car is gunmetal and has some carbon ganador mirrors, carbon shine auto rear diffuser, carbon endplates in the TRD wing and some black Racing Hart wheels. Would red suit? I'm toying with the idea of having them sprayed black. The brakes are very new so, after speaking to Dnk who did a great job powder coating some calipers, he's thinking the brakes might just be ok to spray black rather than powder coat as i'd have to get new seals all round otherwise.

I've attached 1 picture of my car (closest I have showing the wheel colour and body colour, car's not here at the minute to take more pics). I've also added a red rear side marker to the rear bumber, not shown in that picture.

The other picture is the colour the car may eventually be resprayed, similar to gunmetal

Main question is, what'd look best - black or red

23032009064.jpg

DSC_0220-vi.jpg

The black will get lost behind the wheels.

Here's my 6 pots in black on a gunmetal car, they tend to get lost so i'm going yellow i think.

http://sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-ash2/hs305.ash2/58563_436104539819_509114819_4867725_1388082_n.jpg

So if tis black/red i'd go for red dude :)

PS What skirts are on the 2nd pic you posted

The black will get lost behind the wheels.

Here's my 6 pots in black on a gunmetal car, they tend to get lost so i'm going yellow i think.

http://sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-ash2/hs305.ash2/58563_436104539819_509114819_4867725_1388082_n.jpg

So if tis black/red i'd go for red dude :)

PS What skirts are on the 2nd pic you posted

I think that will look sweet, take a look at guigsys old facelift in his garage, he had yellow on gunmetal, looked the business

And the poll says, red or red :)

:innocent: I'm sure i checked that i didn't do anything stupid, fail :D Mods...... :innocent:

I was thinking the black might get lost but then was also thinking the calipers are quite big. Not sure if red is a bit too max power :D I thought of something like yellow/gold but opinions were negative :D

Edit: I think they're blended Blitz but not sure, there's a few more pics here if anyone knows

3711800030_d8d28b0673_o.jpg

surpahdr-vi.jpg

Edited by Kopite (see edit history)

A bit off topic but what paint do you use to paint them? Are they normally sprayed or brush painted? Is it special heat resistant paint?

I can hopefully get some high temp paint in a few differant colours and also high temp Laquer, painted properly out of a spray gun the same as you'd paint a car panel.

red, blue, yellow, gold, green, black, white and orange appear to be available and can be mixed if you want to make a 1 off colour.

Not Halfords brush on caliper paint or Hammerite !!

Edited by Dnk (see edit history)

I'd keep them red, mainly because it's hassle to repaint them :D With genuine large brembo brakes I certainly wouldn't call it barry-boy to have them red, it's only when I see stock items painted like that it looks a bit chav. On the other hand, if you're starting fresh and don't mind a repaint then black would be my colour of choice, along with some nice OEM brembo decals :)