The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Evo brembos on a supra

Suprab1

Has anyone fitted evo brembo calipers onto there supra?

I've just been looking at the price of these & for evo 8 & 9 calipers you can get them for under £400 including pads, clips & all else.

What would be needed to make them? Would they be a good upgrade?

They do come in 2 sizes, the larger would definatly be nice, I would imagine its just a case of making some mounting brackets. We have an EVO coming in with no brakes and he is thinking of the stock large Brembo's, I could have a little 'offer' up if we have time.

They do come in 2 sizes, the larger would definatly be nice, I would imagine its just a case of making some mounting brackets. We have an EVO coming in with no brakes and he is thinking of the stock large Brembo's, I could have a little 'offer' up if we have time.

If you made up brackets to sell on I reckon you'd sell loads.

What do you mean they come in 2 sizes? Do you mean later evos have bigger brakes? I know the fq400 has the big alcons but i thought the 7,8 & 9 were all 4 pot front 2 pot rears?

Would these mounting brackets be expensive to get made up? Sorry for all the questions, i'm just trying to work out if there would be much price difference between doing this or just buying something like ksports.

Without knowing the full specs on the brakes it'd be wrong to speculate if it's a good choice for the supra. Take a look here and input the Evo specs: http://www.mkivsupra.net/vbb/showthread.php?225007-Big-Brake-Kits-Real-Numbers

I had a look at that, but to be honest don't really understand it lol. The evo brembos would surely be better than my jspecs?

The 996 Turbo seems to be something like the evo (4 pot 330mm).

They may not be better than your Jap spec brakes and they may not have anything like the correct front to rear bias either.

If you find out the caliper's piston diameters, the pad height (radial measurement - probably something like 50-60mm) and the disc diameter I can tell you how they'd compare and what the bias change would be.

I could do with some Jap spec brake info as well and then I can add that in to the comparison.

Does this Help Dan

PRODUCT MODEL Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution 5 6 CP9A With 320mm Disc's (Brembo Caliper Models) - EVO 5 & 6

Description 1 Complete Set Of Standard Replacement Front Brake Disc's And Standard Front Brake Pad's To Fit A Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution 5 & 6 Fitted With 320mm Front Brake Discs And Brembo Calipers. - EVO 5 & 6 - CP9A

Quantity 2 X Standard Front Replacement Brake Disc's.

1 X Complete Set Of Standard Front Brake Pads. (4pads)

Model Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution 5 - EVO 5

Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution 6- EVO 6

Chassis No. CP9A

Diameter (mm) 320mm

Height (mm) 43.5mm

Brake Disc Type Vented

Thickness (mm) 32mm

Minimal Thickness (mm) 29.8mm

Number Of Holes 5+2

OE Part No. Equivalent BRAKEKIT007Disc's = MR370723

Pad's = MR407376

They may not be better than your Jap spec brakes and they may not have anything like the correct front to rear bias either.

If you find out the caliper's piston diameters, the pad height (radial measurement - probably something like 50-60mm) and the disc diameter I can tell you how they'd compare and what the bias change would be.

I could do with some Jap spec brake info as well and then I can add that in to the comparison.

I'm on it ;)

Drop Stratty (Simon) a PM, he has got Evo VIII Brembo's on his car, he will be able to help you.

Will do, thanks mate.

Is this what you need?

Front caliper Piston sizes are: 46mm & 40mm

Front disc diameter is 320mm

Front Pad Radial swept depth is 60mm

Rear Piston sizes are: 40mm & 36mm

Rear Disc diameter is: 300mm

Rear Pad Radial swept depth is: 46mm if i remember right but will have to double check tomorrow if required.