The mkiv Supra Owners Club

How long did it take to get your points?

hogmaw

As some of you know I just picked up my Supra a couple of weeks back. The best thing I have ever bought in my life, love it!

But as you might guess I'm finding it hard keeping to the limits. Very hard - 90mph feels like 60mph in a normal car, know what I mean? So it's easy to break the law, whatever the speed limit, whether you intend to or not. How long did it take for you to get stopped, or get some points after first getting your car?

Also, has anyone tried Safeplate ?

Originally posted by hogmaw

As some of you know I just picked up my Supra a couple of weeks back. The best thing I have ever bought in my life, love it!

But as you might guess I'm finding it hard keeping to the limits. Very hard - 90mph feels like 60mph in a normal car, know what I mean? So it's easy to break the law, whatever the speed limit, whether you intend to or not. How long did it take for you to get stopped, or get some points after first getting your car?

Also, has anyone tried Safeplate ?

2 Q's....

1 - if it reflects flash by that much how did they take the picture?

If it was without a flash then why when you mouseover the pic does it have an MSPaint "spraycan" white speckle over it?

Surely they could have just taken the 2nd pic with the flash on?

Bag of ar$e

Nuff said :D

Originally posted by hogmaw

How long did it take for you to get stopped, or get some points after first getting your car?

I've had my Supra since March last year. I haven't been stopped by the police once yet and I have a clean license.

Also I've been driving without a front number plate since last September.

Right, so that's me jinxed then !

1 year of driving (also like a tool) an NA Mr2, they just love to be ragged ! = 9! Points :innocent:

18 months of twin turbo supra (mostly) cruising = no points !

I soon learnt that you have to be quite reserved with the supra otherwise you end up doing stupid speeds in what seems like no time at all.

And I know what you mean about feeling the speed. My mr2 feels so much quicker at the same speed, compared to the supe. The supe feels quite sedate at well over a ton !

Originally posted by mcanny

4 years of driving like a tool in an MR2 Turbo = 0 points

3 weeks of sedate touring in the Supra = 3 points

43 in a 30 that used to a 40 and didn't have very good signs - ah well :)

You see thats exactly like me. 205 gti into 306 gti6 into Impreza turbo and drove like an utter tw4t. Bought the supra and it completely calmed me down - get 3 points!

Bah - time to drive like a twat again! ;) :rolleyes: