The mkiv Supra Owners Club

New Peak Hold Feature

Supra ST Myster

As im always looking for new things to do on the Supra, I just want some numbers of people who may be interested in this new feature, basically this will be a small box with a sepearte button and at a press of a button will make your speedo and rev meter go round to where they peaked at on your last run, this will be recorded into the memory unit the button is held down for more than 5 or so seconds where it will reset and ready to record for the next run.

It is currently designed and tested and ready for production but just curious as to who may be interested so i can make them in batches to keep the costs down for you.

Be grateful for your input!

Originally posted by supra TT myster

Cheers Lee, yes that can be done now with this feature, would be just a bit more program but not a problem!! That can be an add on/upgraded model. Like Race Logic and then race logic with launch control.

How big would the "recall" button actually be?? Would it be a small button connected remotely to the control box?

Ben..

Originally posted by supra TT myster

Cheers Lee, yes that can be done now with this feature, would be just a bit more program but not a problem!! That can be an add on/upgraded model. Like Race Logic and then race logic with launch control.

then i would be interested too. i know this is another step further but how about seeing paule and getting some dial faces that resemble the defis that only show/light up when ignition on. im sure between you this would be a seller. or should i shut up now:D

Originally posted by Jake

Would that be admissable in court ? :D

See i thought of this and basically hide the recal button so only you know where it is!! :D :D :D

Lee, your a demand arnt you!! lol, i was actually thinking of making some special dial faces that have white backlighting but thats a way off at the moment. Taken a bit of time for this!!

Also soon will be a nice feature like the new noble where the Rev needle starts off as one colour from 1-3k rpm then changes to another colour between 3-5 and lastly another colour from 5-7k rpm, requires modification to the back of the dials so that the lights for the needle will be just for the RPM meter!

Prices for the unit will be roughly around £75 but the more people interested the more it will drop.

Also to add that i will also be including installation instructions or i can install for you, but either way it will be wired to work only when the handbrake is up so you cant play around with it while you driving as a safty point!!

Just a thought to add on to that. My M3 has a feature where when you start the car from cold a full barage of lights around the rev counter stay on and go out in sequence as the car warms up it also wont let you rev past the the light until they have gone out(if that makes any sence). Would this be possible with what your are thinking of ie, tacho needle stays red and wont rev above 4k on cold and as it warms up turns to green (or whatever) and them lets you rev above ect. This I think would be cool as it would save the heavy footed amongst us booting it fom cold,the car looks after itself so to speak.

Would this be possible Emin?

I can make the rev needle change colour so red to start with and whatever colour once it has warmed up and also another colour if it was running v.hot, however i dont think i would be able to make the car not go above say 4K rpm until it has warmed up ect... think you would need some sort of rev limiter if, if you can get them, then maybe it is possible.