The mkiv Supra Owners Club

New SSR SP1's fitted - PIC HEAVY!!!!

Jamesy

Ok so finally, after 4 months of waiting i got my new SSR SP1's fitted Friday night with help from Lee and Nick at N-Tyre :)

I got a stretched 225/40/18 Falken 452 on the fronts but they are too stretched and i got more clearance than i thought so will be selling these soon and going for some 245/40's

The rears clear loads more than i expected, i will probably still go down the JDL blended arch route but only so i can whack some massive tyres on - for now there's R888 295/30 on the back and the traction is loads better, but still lights up quite easily!! :D

Just need to lower the car a bit more now on the coilovers bit at a time to make sure i get no rubbing still.....

These are the sizes:

18x9.5 et25 fronts - 225/40/18 Falken 452

18x11 et24 rears - 295/30/18 R888

Anyway, LOADS of pics coming up ........ :eyebrows:

Edited by Jamesy (see edit history)

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

- for now there's R888 295/30 on the back and the traction is loads better, but still lights up quite easily!! :D:eyebrows:

Really??? Lol

Tbh was probably the worst condition we could have gone for a drive in, damp, cold, greasy, muddy roads!!! Was better on the motorway hey;-)

They are rather nice, once slammed it will look superb, tasty car you got there mate:cool:

thanx mate popping over to Lee's for an hour one night this week to slam it :D

Those wheels make your car look so much better.right result mate,the rears look really deep aswell :)

Cheers Dave yeah i went for the biggest rear dish i could fit without needing overfenders ...

Fantastic mate. Look great on the car! Brilliant motor you have their now. Fuel system next? :)

thanx Jon, yeah fuel system next year then Ryan can map it to 2 bar safely!! :)

That looks stunning mate. One thing missing for me is a 6spd, other than that.. perfecton! :thumbs:

Cheers Scott, now i've got used to driving the hi stall TC i wont be going for a 6spd for a long time, if ever :)

Edited by Jamesy (see edit history)

Looks ace I reckon you could of got away with the jdl arches if you had stretced the rear slightly more. I love your dish so yummy,

here's mine today as you can see mine slightly flush out and I have no issues I was like you at first thought I'd need arches etc