The mkiv Supra Owners Club

turbo timer

hp006

I have an apexi turbo timer, is there a way i can link this to a viper 480vx alarm. At the moment i have to wait for the engine to switch off before i can lock it. Didnt know if i can link the two together so i can let it do its thing whilst its locked?

I got the Viper 480, just checked through the manual & found this Valet Start System: For the ultimate in convenience, the Valet

start system can start your vehicle, monitor engine functions,

and power your climate control system with a push of a button.

Over-rev protection, open-hood lockout, brake pedal shutoff,

and automatic timer shutoff are all included. (This feature is

only for automatic transmission, fuel-injected vehicles.)

I have an apexi turbo timer, is there a way i can link this to a viper 480vx alarm. At the moment i have to wait for the engine to switch off before i can lock it. Didnt know if i can link the two together so i can let it do its thing whilst its locked?

Why don't you just disconnect the turbo timer? They don't do anything useful anyway.

Same problem here.

I have an Apexi Turbo Timer and a TOAD alarm/imob. When I lock the car using the fob the car unlocks as soon as the engine is switched off. When I lock the car with the key while the engine is still running the same thing happends when the engine is switched off.

Anyone with a TOAD en Timer who has the same problem or solution ?

@ comorin219

You're car locks itself after 30 seconds? Have to try that, but I think my doesn't.

Why don't you just disconnect the turbo timer? They don't do anything useful anyway.

Just drive off boost for the last 5 minutes of your journey, no need for a turbo timer then :)

:yeahthat:

Turbo timers are pointless wastes of money unless you rag your car right up to your front door and then switch off the car. Even then, leaving it idling isn't ideal either.