The mkiv Supra Owners Club

spat painting epic fail

w41k3r

Was bored this morning so decided to get my spats down from the loft and paint them to see how close i could get the match as 199 silver is apparently hard to match well..........

Primer on all fine, few layers of paint all fine now i was doing a quick job and using the house fireplace to dry in between coats (very ghetto i know)

well the spat was lay on its side against a box drying and decided to fall over on the brick work and now i have a lovely scrape in the paint arghhh [sAD][/sAD] so im hanging up my blue peter things and quitting for today

i don`t see an argument in the thread i just asked a question witch you obviously can`t answer can you??

so instead of getting your post count up with pointless posts why don`t you try posting something useful

and as for 'end of' how old are you 10 now please do enjoy the rest of your day

You can get great finishes with spray cans on small panels! keep at it, most people just do the primer, base and clear, but if you also wet sand, buff and polish most people will think its a booth/gun job, you look like you know how to prep etc so ill cut to the chase and say get a box to lay it down on, once theres heat around it it will dry, im guessing you had it faced towards the fire becuase of drying?

yeah it was lay against a box towards the fire stood up drying the front, i turned away to go to the car and....... flop its face down on the brickwork it was one of those moments when all you can do is cry haha to be fair i did it in less than a few hours and still got a decent finish before it happened.

It was more of a test really to see how well i could do it as i have my side skirts ect but there a bit bigger no doubt i could do them but ultimately ill never get them as good as a body shop

o and if any one wants a go on there own it takes almost a full 300ml can of primer, full can of 300ml paint although i feel a little more would have suited better maybe a 500ml can an then obv lacquer