The mkiv Supra Owners Club

My New Supra!

Gough

After whats seemed like a lifetime, I finally picked up my supra TT for the first time last saturday :) What can I say that you people don't already know?

Impressions of the car so far are fab: the build quality is impressive, as is the condition (this one was first registered over 10 years ago). The interior's a great place to be, and comfortable on long motorway journeys, the exhaust sounds bloody fantastic (cheers CJ :) ), the autobox is great.

What else? The performance?...coming from a pug 306?.. :eek:

I could go on but I'm sure you get the idea :)

Very much looking forward to meeting some fellow owners in the not-too-distant future. :thumbs:

Joe

Here she is:

dsc00041.jpg

MMM Black aerotop. Looks superb. Like the wheels. Don't park her in supermarket carparks or any public carpark or the old giffers and the mums with toddlers will wreck her. I got my supe in Feb and if I ever take her shopping, I get the wife to nip into the shops whilst I guard the supe against the idiots out there. These folk would have no problems using your supe as a door rest for their supermini whilst they load their shopping and kids

Mike

Originally posted by peter richards

hiya joe m8 , wow that was worth the wait , car looks stunning , bet you cant stop grinning :) :) :) :cool:

Thanks Peter. It does.....and no I can't! Good things come to those who .... :)

Originally posted by roboldham

Hey that's a pretty cool place to store a motor. Is it your own private hangar full of other exotic machinery?

R

It belongs to the chaps who imported the car for me. There were a few other intersting pieces of machinery in there alongside my black number :)

Originally posted by JamesC

Thats lovely mate, love the wheels. What are they?

The wheels are manufactured by Volk Racing and I think they are called AV3's. I only know of one other supra with them on (SteveW2 if I remember correctly).

Unfortunately the previous owner lacked parking skills; the wheels are scuffed so I'm looking into getting them refurbished (try finding someone who'll do split rims in the uk...)

Thank you all for your kind words; I wasn't expecting such a response :)

Originally posted by Gough

Yep that was the icing on the cake, I understand they are quite a rarity :)

that is an understatement !! IIRC - there were something like 15 (or less) of these when we last counted from this BBS. BTW - i am also lucky enough to own a black aero tt. enjoy mate ... :)